Ford Automobiles banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the 2 month wait on our new Escape was over. Today was the day we pick her up! My family is visiting and are at the dealership with my wife and myself. We see the new escape in front of the dealership all nice and shiny. We anxiously meet with our sales rep and start to go over all the little details, final signings, etc. He says "alright, lets go check her out!". He starts by showing us the hatch at the back and I see the very nicely vacuumed carpet. We work are way around to the driver side door as he shows us are default key code.. I peek in the window to check out my leather seats and all my buttons on the steering wheel when my worst nightmare begins. For some reason there are zero buttons on the right side of the steering wheel. I hesitate....then I look down near the shifter......you guessed it, NO SYNC!! At this point I ask the rep..."hey, wheres the sync?"...he replies "oh, you didn't order it with this model"...I say....oh yes we did, we have a problem....lets go look at the paperwork that I SIGNED! We get my file out...and on the SECOND page of the order form was the sync, remote starter and convenience package......The rep goes "OH MY GOD, they missed the entire second page of the order"......

Now, I keep my cool, i know it wont do any good to yell at the guy. His explanation was that it was his sales manager that placed the order, and he got it wrong, so in his words "we're going to make this right for you". He seems like a good guy, but the manager is not in this weekend. The soonest I can talk to him is this Wednesday. My question is if any of you have ever had this problem. And how your dealer fixed it. What should we ask for and what is reasonably expected our of a dealer at this point!!

Any assistance is appreciated........what a nightmare.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Only one way! Find a '10 somewhere with exactly what you wanted and maybe a little sweetner added for good measure.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'd tell him I was planning on going out of town this weekend with my new escape.. We were going camping & now we can't go. I sure hope you're going to make this right with something a little more than fixing your screw up..If Not there's always other dealers & his commission goes to someone else...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Only one way! Find a '10 somewhere with exactly what you wanted and maybe a little sweetner added for good measure.
Ditto !! Also the Dealer could do a search on the computer and more than likely find what you want already setting at another dealer ,and do a swap .
Dealers here do it all the time . It usually only takes a day or two to get it , of course the Holiday may delay it a little . I would think it wouldn't be to much to ask for something a little extra to make up for their mistake . :eek:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
dealer trade is the easiest, and fastest way to get what you want.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Yeah but he said the manager is out for the weekend. Doesn't the manager have to request/handle the trade with other dealerships? Or can the fleet manager do the whole thing?

Try to get them to throw is some of those nice rubber/weather proofed floor mats and the rear cargo kit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Somebody is in charge, the whole dealership doesn't shut down, because a manager took a few days off. I think he's just trying to protect the manager, so no one else knows of his screwup, ask to talk to whoever is in charge, or the owner, keep stern about it, somebody there can straighten this out, if they're a decent dealer.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Somebody is in charge, the whole dealership doesn't shut down, because a manager took a few days off. I think he's just trying to protect the manager, so no one else knows of his screwup, ask to talk to whoever is in charge, or the owner, keep stern about it, somebody there can straighten this out, if they're a decent dealer.
Yep and I would find it hard to believe if this manager is that important he has a cell phone or blackberry someone has access to . Worse case you wait a few days until he/she is back . They sure can't force you to take ownership of the incorrectly ordered Escape . I don't blame you for being upset , so would I , but if they are any kind of dealer they will do their best to make it up to you .

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I agree with jsone. IF you could afford to wait 2 months for the vehicle another couple of days won't matter. I would want to speak with the manager or owner. And I would want to be compensated in some manner for any additional delay in obtaining the vehicle of my choice (the vehicle that I ordered).

Good luck, I hope that you are happy with the final deal.

You might look for things that will not cost them much, like the first couple of oil changes, or trans flush.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I would talk to the owner or whoever the "manager" reports to in his/her absence. I would also get in the vehicle from another dealer on their dime. And then work a deal out for either a reduced extended warranty or lifetime oil changes or something like that.

Make demands. You are in control of everything. If not, have them return your deposit and source one out with your accessory needs. It sucks, but you can actually make out pretty good in all of this. Just be overly nice and lay out what you want. Remember, in the end, you can take back 100% of your money and go to another dealer if needed.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had a similar issue. Ordered my '09 with specific options. Truck came in and was put in dealer stock "by mistake", and then was sold. So they had to re-order. I made an issue about it with the GM, who I know pretty well, buying my last 3 SUVs from there. He was very appologetic, I knew it wasnt his fault, so I searched in my area for one optioned the same but couldnt find any, so waited on the new order.

In searching dealer inventories in the meantime, I found one coming to MY dealership optioned with the exact options, except with additional remote start.

So I wound up getting this one, with the remote start option thrown in at no cost to me, with some car washes and oil changes. Big deal.

Bottom line, I had a vehicle to drive (my trade, in which a few mech. issues arose while I waited) raising h3ll wouldnt have gotten it any sooner, and I'm trying to cut down on trivial things not under my control. And I got the remote start which is nice in the winter ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So here's an update for my situation. Went back to the dealer today. They were very apologetic, embarrassed as he put it. Dealer did not try to sell me the wrong vehicle at a discount ( i wouldnt have taken it), instead we looked at similar vehicles at other dealers. We were flexible with the colors, and instead of the Sangria, we picked the Steel Blue (which I actually like more on a sunny day). Exact same specs as we had ordered, but we also got a nice upgrade with the new vehicle. It came with a moonroof at no charge to us (here in Ontario, it costs $1200 bucks.....we dont have great packages like my American neighbors, which is too bad). Vehicle should come in by this Monday.

So, all in all, we are happy with the outcome......they didnt try to screw us. Bottom line is we wait an extra week and get a free moonroof. Thoughts?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Years from now you'll regret that moon roof when it begins to leak..:yikes:

But if you're happy with the outcome. That's all that matters...

·
Registered
694 Posts
So here's an update for my situation. Went back to the dealer today. They were very apologetic, embarrassed as he put it. Dealer did not try to sell me the wrong vehicle at a discount ( i wouldnt have taken it), instead we looked at similar vehicles at other dealers. We were flexible with the colors, and instead of the Sangria, we picked the Steel Blue (which I actually like more on a sunny day). Exact same specs as we had ordered, but we also got a nice upgrade with the new vehicle. It came with a moonroof at no charge to us (here in Ontario, it costs $1200 bucks.....we dont have great packages like my American neighbors, which is too bad). Vehicle should come in by this Monday.

So, all in all, we are happy with the outcome......they didnt try to screw us. Bottom line is we wait an extra week and get a free moonroof. Thoughts?
I don't believe there is any difference in options between what's sent to Canada and what's kept in the USA.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That would be funny.....well my 2004 cavalier moonroof doesnt leak..... yet......*knock on wood* ;-)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bill: You're right, the actual options are the same, but if you go to Ford.com and see the 'package' deals you get, you'll notice they are no way similar to the Ford.ca 'packages'......

·
Registered
532 Posts
Super ! Glad it worked for you ! I love my moon roof . I've had many sunroof/moonroofs over the years and never had a leak . OOPS ! , hope I didn't jinks myself ! Just don't forget to close it .

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think it is a win. I love my sunroof. Honestly it is the ONE thing that I made sure was in the vehicle. You will love it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.