Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked this question in the ac forum on here but thought I'd try in the crown Vic forum. But I have a 2005 crown Vic an my ac won't blown though the vents or anywhere . I took it to shop yesterday an the guy put his hand way up in the dash though the give box an I guess where the blend door is an u can feel the cold air in that area. But it only blows hot though vents. So they said something to do with blend door and the dash needs to be removed to get to it an it's gonna be 800 $ plus parts. I can't afford that an I'm gonna try to fix myself or artist get to it so I can see what's going on. But im trying to do this without taking dash out. I seen a YouTube video this guy went though the passenger air bag hole once he removed air bag. Would this really work? What's best way to deactivate the air bag so it doesn't blow in my face by accident an how hard is it to get to blend door this way or what other way without removing dash. Thxs for any help

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
I asked this question in the ac forum on here but thought I'd try in the crown Vic forum. But I have a 2005 crown Vic an my ac won't blown though the vents or anywhere . I took it to shop yesterday an the guy put his hand way up in the dash though the give box an I guess where the blend door is an u can feel the cold air in that area. But it only blows hot though vents. So they said something to do with blend door and the dash needs to be removed to get to it an it's gonna be 800 $ plus parts. I can't afford that an I'm gonna try to fix myself or artist get to it so I can see what's going on. But im trying to do this without taking dash out. I seen a YouTube video this guy went though the passenger air bag hole once he removed air bag. Would this really work? What's best way to deactivate the air bag so it doesn't blow in my face by accident an how hard is it to get to blend door this way or what other way without removing dash. Thxs for any help
This is also for a Crown Vic

1 - 2 of 2 Posts