Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought a 2005 E150 xlt. It has two factory seats, and a third seat from an older Ford van. There are no holes to bolt in the third seat.

1. Can any mechanic bolt in that third seat for us?

2. How hard is it to install aftermarket shoulder and lap belts?

3. Are quick release brackets available so we can yank the third seat on occasion for storage purposes?

Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If the seat is a FACTORY FORD seat;then you need the base plates to bolt to the floor to allow the seat to attach to,If it is not factory then...well that poses another problem!As far as bolting it in...set the seat in place and mark the holes;drill;bolt in.Use plates or heavy fender washers underneath.As far as the seat belts go; there are tapped holes in the "header" along the wall'roof junction to allow bolts(I believe they are SAE fine thread)(could be metric)to bolt the upper mounts to.You will have to drill and bolt through the bottom retracters on the floor,If you have questions...find a stock van to look at.rick

·
Registered
30 Posts
Easiest way to put the "new" last row in is to go to the junk yard and pick up a bench seat and all the floor mounting hardware.

I have a 92' E350 Club Wagon with rear air and found out that a Ford OEM 4 place bench did NOT fit in the back with out some forcing and breaking of molded side panels :nonod:.

Anyway it's a straight forward job, no need to pay someone else. I can't remember if the rear seat uses nut and bolt or if the nut is welded to the body. If they are separate DON'T skimp, buy heavy duty hardened bolts, nuts and washers. ACE or Tractor Supply will have them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all, I will hit up a salvage yard and find something. I appreciate your advice!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Whenever drilling into the floor of a vehicle. Start a pilot hole first & make sure there are no lines under where you are drilling...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Be care full were you drill but, it is a good saturday project to find brackets at a wrecking yard and installing them in the van that has no holes. I did it and it was not bad at all. Seat belt mounting hole are already in the sheet metal! that is the easy part. just don't break your interior panels!

Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts