Ford Automobiles banner

Brake Bleeding Help

How-To: 
9K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Iowan 
I have a cheap Bleeder something like this I bought at Advance Auto Parts. It was like $40.

You hook a hose to the bleeder screw, that hose goes to a reservoir, another hose goes to the hand held vacuum pump, loosen the bleeder screw and you keep pumping the hand held bleeder till no more bubbles or till the fluid is clean then tighten the bleeder screw.

The reservoir is designed so you can not suck fluid into the pump.

Truly a one man job and it saves you time asking for someone to pump the brakes and will help you from damaging your Master Cylinder by pumping it past its regular brake pedal travel. Make sure you monitor your master cylinder so it doesnt run dry, if it does you have to re-bleed the system again.

Start from the farthest away brake bleeder and work your way up to the closest brake bleeder.

Here is some reasons why to change Brake fluid.
http://www.babcox.com/editorial/bf/bf40142.htm
Brake Bleeding | Advance Auto Parts
Brake Bleeding: Bleeding Brakes: Pressure Bleeding: Hydraulic Brakes: Brake Systems: Brake Lines: Master Cylinders: Brake Bleede

I have the same tool, but mine has a vacuum gauge on it so you can test vacuum to parts and what ever. Very handy tool. :cornut:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.