Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 97 f150 and my truck has bein making this awful sound like err then it goeas around then errr and my abs light came on then it went off and im confused bout what it could be i just changed the brakes and its ont the front driverside

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hey there F150,

I am unsure about a few things in your statement below:

i have a 97 f150 and my truck has bein making this awful sound like err then it goeas around then errr and my abs light came on then it went off and im confused bout what it could be i just changed the brakes and its ont the front driverside
If you could help clarify a little, I am most certain that any member of the forum may then be better able to help you.

1. Is the "Errr" noise constant? - Could possibly be the dust/rotor shield rubbing.
2. Is the "Errr" noise happening ONLY when you apply the brakes and is the ABS light coming on at the same time and then going out? - Could possibly be your ABS system operating.
3. Did the "Errr" noise begin after you changed the brakes? Front Brakes? Pads and Rotors? - Tone Ring???
4. Do you have access to a good Scanner with ABS capabilities? - If the the ABS light is NOT coming on, then going off when the system is operating, you may want to scan for any codes.

I understand that this may not seem terribly helpful to yourself, and I do apologize for that.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
when was the last time you looked at your pads front and rear?

·
Registered
890 Posts
when was the last time you looked at your pads front and rear?
that was my first thought too. does it sound like you're dragging a metal plate on the garage floor?

·
Registered
49 Posts
that was my first thought too. does it sound like you're dragging a metal plate on the garage floor?
If it sounds like that, my Ranger that did last night, it may be as simple as a small stone wedging itself between the rotor and stone shield/backing plate. I removed the tire/wheel at the right front corner. I thought at first the stone shield was rubbing on the rotor. On the leading edge, it's quite a close clearance, and I was going to just remove it altogether, then replace when I do a brake job. It's held on by three bolts, two of which can only be accessed after the rotor is removed. Well, I really didn't want to get into all that right now. Luckily, I looked a bit closer, and saw the stone. A skinny screwdriver later, stone was gone, no noise. Just maybe,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:smile5:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts