Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
First of all ive been reading alot on these forums and just joined.
I brought in my 2009 excape FWD for the 10b15 recall. Seeing i have over 7000 miles or 11 000 kms further testing was done. I asked them to check my tranny fluid and inspect the load tests. My vehicle failed the test now they need my vehicle for tranny parts which are on order and need to be replaced. Of course its a sad day for me and i need to drive carefully for the next few days. I cannot rev the engine what so ever or i can cause further damage.

Anyone else have these issues? If so what did your mechanic explain to you. What work will really be done, is it just the solenoid? The flash did absolutely zilch for me.:confused5:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Hey all,
First of all ive been reading alot on these forums and just joined.
I brought in my 2009 excape FWD for the 10b15 recall. Seeing i have over 7000 miles or 11 000 kms further testing was done. I asked them to check my tranny fluid and inspect the load tests. My vehicle failed the test now they need my vehicle for tranny parts which are on order and need to be replaced. Of course its a sad day for me and i need to drive carefully for the next few days. I cannot rev the engine what so ever or i can cause further damage.

Anyone else have these issues? If so what did your mechanic explain to you. What work will really be done, is it just the solenoid? The flash did absolutely zilch for me.:confused5:
Hmmm, not sure if a vehicle failed the test should be driven?? Seems like that could cause more damage! Some might ask for a signed letter from the service manager to say that it can be driven till parts come in.

Reread the 10B15 PDF as you for sure get up to a two day free rental and maybe more if needed. If you have the ESP, a rental is offered for more than a day repairs free.

Long before I made my first purchase at my dealer, they gave me a rental during a bumpshop repair on my '97 Ranger! One reason why I purchased there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man im so frustrated i feel like testing a new 2010 with the test done, and possibly purchasing it and give in my 2009. Im afraid of the years to come.
I would really like to know whats involved with this repair i have my statement of the parts on order.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Man im so frustrated i feel like testing a new 2010 with the test done, and possibly purchasing it and give in my 2009. Im afraid of the years to come.
I would really like to know whats involved with this repair i have my statement of the parts on order.
What components are replaced and rebuilt are at the end of the 10B15 PDF in the first post of the other thread.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What components are replaced and rebuilt are at the end of the 10B15 PDF in the first post of the other thread.

ok thanks lets see what happens im disappointed but its not a refurbished overhaul of my tranny it seems. Guess they ordered just the parts needed we shall see......:mad2:

·
Registered
694 Posts
ok thanks lets see what happens im disappointed but its not a refurbished overhaul of my tranny it seems. Guess they ordered just the parts needed we shall see......:mad2:
They rebuild the two clutches but a new valve body is used as they don't rebuild them. The valve body is the heart of the 6F35!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They rebuild the two clutches but a new valve body is used as they don't rebuild them. The valve body is the heart of the 6F35!
Interesting, plus they will put in new tran fluid!

they will give me a rental when they repair it but not while waiting for pieces thats why im still driving it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Interesting, plus they will put in new tran fluid!

they will give me a rental when they repair it but not while waiting for pieces thats why im still driving it.
I'm curious how many miles on your Escape ? Also did you notice any issues or had any work or re flashes on it before ?

·
Registered
532 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Had you noticed any shifting issues ?
Not really, it doesn't seem to have any slips nor harsh shift changes, the only thing i can report is a delay when accelerating it slowly goes faster when the rpm is already reving therefore it has to catch up before the gear seems to match up. Hard to explain.
Which makes me wonder what issue could i possibly have without seeing it (feeling it), and pieces now need to be changed because i failed the load test.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Not really, it doesn't seem to have any slips nor harsh shift changes, the only thing i can report is a delay when accelerating it slowly goes faster when the rpm is already reving therefore it has to catch up before the gear seems to match up. Hard to explain.
Which makes me wonder what issue could i possibly have without seeing it (feeling it), and pieces now need to be changed because i failed the load test.
If the engine revs without the vehicle gaining speed that would be slipping .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For anyone that cares Im getting back my escape today with the 10d15 performed, new tranny oil and valve body, trans rebuild kit installed. We'll see what it feels like and i'll report back, my dealer just called me and told me it passed the load test and a road test was performed as well.

·
Registered
623 Posts
hmm I thought 10b15 was a pcm reprogram only,what is the load test that you failed ?I'm gonna ask the tranny guy when he gets back from lunch and in the meantime pull the recall(tranny guy is the only one that gets to do that recall here or I would know more about it)

·
Registered
623 Posts
wow its could be alot more involved than a simple pcm reprogram

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
hmm I thought 10b15 was a pcm reprogram only,what is the load test that you failed ?I'm gonna ask the tranny guy when he gets back from lunch and in the meantime pull the recall(tranny guy is the only one that gets to do that recall here or I would know more about it)
The 10B15B is for under 7000 miles reprogram the PCM
The 10B15C is for over 7000 miles Reprogram PCM and perform Transmission load test.
The 10B15D is for Vehicles that Failed the Load test.
Reprogam the PCM,Perform Transmission Load Test.
Repair Transmission and Post Repair Test Drive.
Parts required
9L8Z-7153-G Trans repair kit Forward clutches,O/D clutches, seals and gaskets.
9L8Z-7A100-C Valve body.
TA-29 Motorcraft Sealant.
XT-10-QLV Motorcraft Fluid 9 qts required
AL8Z-7H424-A PTU Link shaft seal (AWD Vehicles only)
7E5Z-7086-A PTU Compression Seal (AWD Vehicles only)

·
Registered
623 Posts
Thanks Dominick

1 - 20 of 36 Posts