Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Maxmac,

That looks like the original dipstick hole plug from assembly of the dipstick tube. I'm gonna guess this is the first time your Transmission pan has been off.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Hey Missy, you're good! :)
I didn't have a clue.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I searched my C-6 diagram from my Haynes Ford techbook & can't find any part that looks like it. I posted a diagram of the trans but the pic I posted was of the C-3,4,5 trans. So I deleted the post.. Sorry I can't be of more help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input folks. I bought the car back in October and have been slowly going through it all. This is the first time the pan has been off as it only has 29,000 miles on it. I'm glad to hear that this part isn't something vital that will cause any issues. Caught me by surprise when it was floating in the pan!!!

I have the original Ford shop manuals and it is not listed in them at all.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
yeah. it's useless now, just **** can it. i got worried when my c4 had one just pop out of the hole. then my dad told me what it was for, and thats where mine went

·
Registered
659 Posts
Does anyone have a recommendation on which ATF fluid to use??
Hey Maxmac,

I believe that you should be using Type F transmission fluid. It should be stamped on the Transmission dipstick which type of fluid is required.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Does anyone have a recommendation on which ATF fluid to use??
C6 trannies use Type F. Should be available at any auto parts store.

Shane

1 - 11 of 11 Posts