Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just scored this 78' Futura awhile back. Never paid the Fairmonts a whole lotta attention before (was on a Falcon kick for years..), and I must say..What a badass car. Thought about selling it, (unemployed+welder+Hannibal=bad), but might have to fight the old lady on this one. It is way better looking than her, with less miles. Dumb kid who had it scored it from an old lady's garage for raking leaves or something. Thank THOR he didn't have it long enough to cause any long term damage... Never believe what I traded with him for this car.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ohh yhea...

1981 Kawasaki 305. Pillow duct taped to frame for a seat, valves shot, case full of gas... Was sitting behind my truck, headed to scrapyard. Dude pulled up and asked if I wanted to trade a car for it...40 minutes later I cruised my new Ford into the driveway..Here's the good part brother..During those 40 minutes, dude and his bro followed me back in my truck and got pulled over, LONG story short, He is doing his 5-10 years for parole violation, his brother got out and ran, title to bike on my truck seat. I got a ticket for expired tags on truck. THEN... Went and to give his girlfriend the title, she gave me the whole scoop and wanted that hunk of crap outta her front yard... Now, got a Kawasaki, a 4X4 with expired tags, a 75$ fine...and brand new plates on my Fairmont.
= From the Archives of Michael's Believe it..Or Not!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The wife?? :devil:

Nice ride, does it look that good in person?
Ya. Few minor dings. 200 needed good tune up, does the old lifter tap-dance, some exhaust work. Front seat replaced with cloth buckets (yuck). Little crap. I got a 289 in an old Willy...Starting to unbolt itself as soon as it saw the Futura. I don't know, always liked the 200's. With a little TLC run forever. Getting broke and old! I will go to another Ford forum if I sell it! Be honest, I really like it. It's a cool car man...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Better hope your wife never sees this thread. Beautiful car and what a funny story. Truth really can be stranger than fiction, eh?!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
now if she ever tells you it's either me or the car, you're gonna have to go with the car now... j/k

welcome

·
Registered
154 Posts
Classic entertainment, right there. Great score, one to tell the grandkiddies about. Rich

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
what's a fairmont? isn't that a hotel?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sounds like Twainery to me. j/k you can't make this stuff up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just got lucky. A rare event in my life, so when it does happen, I don't take it for granted. Really bad luck when it comes to my cars. Used to have a sweet 65' Falcon, got side-swiped by some airhead late for work the morning of Sept. 11th. Stayed home from work that day, feeling sorry for myself when the towers were attacked. I wasn't so bothered about my car after that. Sorta twisted I guess but the truth, watching that crap thinking- " and I had a bad day?... "

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
P.S. Twain got nothing on this dude, I wasn't drunk when I penned my tale. I am from cali..our libraries banned his crap years ago. lol. Don't get me started on that dude.. I am up to my ears in twainery..

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
so, how does the wife look? i only see pics of the mont...

I thought we were supposed to judge between the 2...

·
Registered
205 Posts
One note of caution about that 200... any time you take off that carburetor, be sure to stuff a rag in the intake to keep out foreign material and don't ever take it out until the very next step is "put the carburetor on the EGR spacer"... if you remove the rag prematurely, you may find yourself pulling the cylinder head in order to get some foreign material out. In my case, that foreign material was one of two plastic washers that were part of the carburetor gasket (they are some kind of reinforcement for the gasket around the holes for the carburetor studs or maybe they keep the gasket from crushing too thin). While the 200 is a very reliable engine, that integral intake manifold can bite you!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts