Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the people who ride my bus to work has an 04 exploder with a strange problem. They recently had to replace the heat control in the HVAC. This of course requires pulling half the dash apart and unplugging the stereo. They got the job done, plugged it all back in and re-assembled the dash. Now the radio works but the cd player won't. So the question is, would unplugging the cd player without disconnecting the battery have triggered some kind of anti-theft system, causing it to not function? they are not wanting to have to replace the unit, cause you know that'll cost a fortune. Thanks!

·
Registered
798 Posts
I've done a couple of these and that didn't happen so I think something was left unplugged or was handles too rough....just guessing.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I'm just asking for them, I wasn't there for the work. She said everything got plugged back in, cause that's the first thing I asked her. I figured that couldn't be the problem cause it still has power, she can get the radio station here, so I'd lean to rough handling myself. I'll ask the next time I see her.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts