Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a CD stuck in our 2014 CMAX. When we try to eject it says "no disc".

Dealer says the only way to get the CD back is to replace the whole radio!

Is there any hack to get the CD out?

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,316 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

I do not think you have to replace the radio. And know dealers NEVER repaired sound systems. That was always sent out for a repair after the dealership tech removed the unit from the vehicle. The video link above shows how to remove the radio from the vehicle.

At that point you are going to need to disassemble the radio.
Either do it yourself or find a repair shop.
You did not list your location so I can not search for that. There is a good shop here in Phoenix. And if it were me I would at least make the attempt to disassemble.

Action

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the FFO!

I do not think you have to replace the radio. And know dealers NEVER repaired sound systems. That was always sent out for a repair after the dealership tech removed the unit from the vehicle. The video link above shows how to remove the radio from the vehicle.

At that point you are going to need to disassemble the radio.
Either do it yourself or find a repair shop.
You did not list your location so I can not search for that. There is a good shop here in Phoenix. And if it were me I would at least make the attempt to disassemble.

Action
Thanks!

The CD really isn't worth all that trouble—I was just hoping there was a hidden force-eject button or something.

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,316 Posts

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,316 Posts
Like the CD did not go all the way up or all the way down.
Now the system wants to move in a direction the CD is wedged against.
Wear or debris is usually the cause.
Removal of the unit and disassembly is the only solution. Besides ignoring.

And one thing I have found to be true. Replacement of the entire unit may be less money than paying someone to repair

Action

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.