Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I saw the road racing fairmont wagon which uses the bottom of a honda odyssey front bumper or some other mini van like that, it has got me to thinking. I think I could make an awesome under bumper treatment for a fairmont using the bottom of another cars plastic bumper from a junkyard.. sure it would be a lot of custom work but hey, isn't everything a bit difficult in this hobby? I saw the thread about the el camino, but i'm a cheapskate and would like to find a common item that can be obtained from a junkyard, not a 300 mail order item. So I'm on the lookout for the perfect donor. Size/shape/etc. maybe even one with fog lights integrated. anyone got any ideas? i've tossed around ideas from old nissan maxima all the way to ford aerostar. Ideas, suggestions, discussion?

·
Registered
890 Posts
jonzo was just gonna buy fiberglass mustang side skirts, and cut and extend them to fit nicely. problem is, he stinks at glassing right now...

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
gee thanks

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Saw recently that you can use a Volvo 240 air dam. Bolts right on, I guess, and looks great!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts