Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First get some good Glass cleaner, make sure it does not have Ammonia cause it can damage plastics like your Mirrors (yes some Mirrors on cars are make out of plastic).

Second get some grade 0000 Steel Wool, yes Steel Wool. It has to be grade 0000 (that is 4 zeros). Grade 0000 will not damage your glass but it will damage plastic Mirrors, dont ask me how I know this.

Spray your windows down with the Glass Cleaner and then rub the grade 0000 Steel Wool all over and then wipe off with a clean soft towel or paper towels.

Repeat for stubborn water stains.

WARNING DO NOT USE THIS ON WINDOW TINT CAUSE IT WILL SCRATCH IT. To clean tinted windows use Ammonia free Glass Cleaner with a soft towel or follow the cleaning instructions that your Window Tinter gave you.

I been using this technique since the early 90's with no issues. Not responsible for any damages you do.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
I used to wash my cars at home, but I have a well. It was leaving all kinds of water marks on the windows, so I can clear all of this up ? The outside rearviews are pretty messed up.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Hey Mark. Do you know if this will work for marks from the windshield wipers, or light scratches on the glass?

·
Registered
906 Posts
I didn't have a chance to check out the results myself, but according to dad it helped!

·
Registered
17 Posts
How do you distinguish if your mirrors are plastic or not by looking at them? Or is it safest to just stay away completely? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
13,672 Posts
All outside mirrors made by Ford Motor Company after WWII use glass. The same is true for inside rear view mirrors. However there are some vanity mirrors in the sun visor or came loose in the vehicle that may have been made with plastic.

Tapping on the mirror surface one should be able to tell the difference.

>>>>>>>>>>>>Action

1 - 8 of 8 Posts