Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Computers, desktops and notebooks require fans to keep the CPU, and power supply relatively cool. Often the fans are mounted atop of many thin fins to help dissapate the heat. The problem is that they eventually get clogged up with dust.

Periodically I pull the side panel off of my desktop computer and bring it out into the driveway. Then I take out this special tool to blow the dust out of the power supply, and the cooling fans. It works great!

Attachments

·
Registered
649 Posts
That will definitely remove the dust from your computer, haha.

Or, you can just use the cans of compressed air. :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
what is it suddenly with everyone using a leaf blower for something other than its intended use, not judging just observing ... however, i think you all need to check out this website: http://thereifixedit.com/

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Yeah and my comment about removing dust in a home Dryer was bad but a Leaf Blower that blow in excess of 50MPH is good to recommend to people to dust out their computers?

I know my Leaf Blower would damage my computer, I have the same one you have in your picture.

Kinda like using a 20lb Sledgehammer to pound in finishing nails on fine woodwork.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have used my leaf blower a number of times on each of my computers, and have not had any ill effects. The only moving parts are the fan blades and motors.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I use my leaf blower as a vacuum, chases the chronic dustbunnies out of the whole house now that everything is covered in laminate flooring. I kick on the 48'' drum fan I use to cool the house in the spring (I have it in a 4' square window with the corners sealed off) and let her rip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts