crites subframe connectors | FordForumsOnline.com
  1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

crites subframe connectors

Discussion in 'Ford Fairlane' started by charles jahnke, Jun 26, 2020.

1. charles jahnke

charles jahnke New Member

does anyone have any pictures of the crites subfame connectors installed and what they are connected to on each end ??? instructions are a little vauge i an installing in a 1964 ford fairlane sports couple i am looking at the torque box install not using there rear traction frame set up thanks
  2. Iowan

Iowan Well-Known Member Respected Member

I'm in the same position, I'm building mine, the torkbox is a problem. I'll be using Calvert monoleaf springs and would like to connect the rear frame rails.
  3. charles jahnke

yea i have rod and custom coil over triangled link system installed in the rear most of the subframe connectors i have installed in the past are next to rocker panel if i read the vauge instructions they want it 12 1/2 inches from there so are we tieing to the transmission rails and to torque boxes that are in different planes under car ???
  4. Iowan

I'm using the front frame rails going back then with a tie to the rocker panel under the front spring hangers then the rear rails. The debate is weather to put an 8 point in it or not.

In your case what do you use for a front suspension mount point?
  5. charles jahnke

i see what you are saying about mounting to the frame rails in the front then it has to go over to rocker and end up at rear torque box i guess ill have to cut these parts up just thought i was missing something in the instructions
  6. Iowan

I've seen pictures of them and I don't think they are enough, you might want to tie the front of them to the rockers as well.