Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 taurus ses cruise hasnt worked since I got the car, but I would really like to fix it. When I hit the ON button nothing happens, but I know the light on the dash works. My horn works and the airbag light is not on, so I'm assuming it doesn't have anything to do with the clockspring. All of my brake lights work, so I am baffled as to what it could be. If anyone could throw out ideas that would be greatly appreciated. Also let me know if you need more info about the car.

thanks

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
2000 taurus ses cruise hasnt worked since I got the car, but I would really like to fix it. When I hit the ON button nothing happens, but I know the light on the dash works. My horn works and the airbag light is not on, so I'm assuming it doesn't have anything to do with the clockspring. All of my brake lights work, so I am baffled as to what it could be. If anyone could throw out ideas that would be greatly appreciated. Also let me know if you need more info about the car.

thanks
The clock spring may be ok.
But you have a wire and contact coming up through the column that makes contact with it.
I think the Ford basic # is 9A299

·
Registered
623 Posts
Try reseting the deactivator switch by the brake pedal

·
Registered
623 Posts
disconnect it from bracket,extend the plunger hold the brake pedal down reinstal switch and release brake pedal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

I did what it said to do in this test and received three flashes after pressing the SET button. According to the chart this indicates a problem with the deactivation switch, as mentioned in and earlier post. My problem now is figuring out what the deactivation switch actually is. I have attached two pictures of the two possible suspects, both attached to the brake pedal arm. The second one is just held on by a pin (easily removable) and seems to interact with a big plunger type thing that goes through the white hole seen in the pic. The first one seems to be screwed on to the pedal arm and very difficult to remove. Which one is the CC deactivation switch, and if its the first one, how do i remove it?

EDIT: I also checked and made sure that the cruise control cable was still attached to the throttle body. (It is and it seems pretty secure.)
thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
623 Posts
First picture

·
Registered
623 Posts
it should just be a 1/4 turn or so.Its not the easiest to remove.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts