Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know what might be a good selling point for this site is the combined experience of it's members in total years of service.For instance I have 40years with 25 as a master tech.Start added everyones and it could be a wolloping number.Makes a good selling point.
Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Great idea Boghog! :yesnod:

the combined experience of it's members in total years of service.
Question?

Is that actual hands on - ie mechanics, or would it include Shop Foremen, Service Manager's, Service Writer's.....

·
Registered
96 Posts
I recall handing wrenches to my Dad under the car when I was about 10-12 years old. I had 3 older sisters so our house started to look a little like a used car lot. By the time I was about 14-16 Dad would say, "Your Mom's car needs an oil change and your sisters car need a tune up."

One of several part time jobs I had while working my way through college was sort of a "mobile" mechanic, changing oil and doing tuneups at friends homes or even sometime in the parking lot where they work.

I am still fascinated be all things mechanical, and am amazed how engineers seem to eek out more power and fuel economy out of the internal combustion engine that has been around for well over 100 years !

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is that actual hands on - ie mechanics said:
MissInformation,anything that adds to the knowledge base,Shop foremen known the tricks,managers know the operations,writers hear all the complaints,even backyarders figure out problems and shortcuts.But I guess the administrator would determine what is useful.I've held every position in the backend of a dealership and I learned something from every position.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Well I've been working on my own junk and other peoples stuff in my yard since I was 16, so that makes it about 19 years of playing with cars.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
i was being taught how to change a tire at age 5, did my first oil change when i was 8...
17 years from 8 years old, 20 if you count the first time i get my hands dirty...

·
Registered
649 Posts
HAHA, I love those commercials that say, "We have over 100years of experience ... Open since 2005!"

I will definitely get some artwork behind whatever number come up with.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
LOL... maybe it will have to be like a neon sign that keeps counting up each time we get a new member.

Let's see... I worked on my own car(s) from when I was 17-26, and now again for the last year or two. My cars weren't always broken, and a lot of the things I fixed took a couple of hours, or maybe a good part of the day (because I had no air tools, and worked on my back) So I guess I worked 40-50 hours a year.

That's a whopping 550 hours~!
About 14 weeks of hands on experience.

Count me in! :)

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
can we count the time used telling the neighbor kids that they bought a pile of crap. by POC i mean flinstones brakes, and accelerator...

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
electro... ARE you thinking neon Green?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts