Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 20 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I owner in another forum mentioned getting a notice in the mail about this 6F35 transmission issue. My VIN shows it but I can't view a list of affected vehicle VINs.

Here's a copy of the dealer bulletin: View attachment R10B15[1].pdf

Attachments

·
Registered
532 Posts
I owner in another forum mentioned getting a notice in the mail about this 6F35 transmission issue. My VIN shows it but I can't view a list of affected vehicle VINs.

Here's a copy of the dealer bulletin: View attachment 354
Do you know how I can tell what IDS release my PCM has or if my Escape is affected ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Excerpts, for your review...

Affected Vehicles:
Certain 2010 model year Fusion and Milan vehicles built at the Hermosillo Assembly Plant from Job #1 through March 8, 2010 and certain 2009 and 2010 model year Escape and Mariner vehicles built at the Kansas City Assembly Plant from Job #1 2009 through February 25, 2010. All affected vehicles are equipped with 6F35 transmissions. Affected vehicles are identified in OASIS. In addition, for a list of vehicles assigned to your dealership, visit https:web.fsavinlists.dealersconnection.com. This information will be available by April 19, 2010.

Reason for this Program:
In some of the affected vehicles, the transmission solenoid regulator valve bore may wear. ...

Service Action:
Reprogram the PCM to the latest calibration using IDS release 65.17 and higher or 66.03A and higher. ... If the vehicle has accumulated more than 7,000 miles, dealers are to verify that the transmission clutches are holding properly by performing a Transmission Load Test and monitoring the Turbine Speed Sensor (TSS). If necessary, dealers are to repair the transmission by replacing the valve body, overdrive clutch, and forward clutch. This service must be performed on all affected vehicles at no charge to the vehicle owner.

NOTE: Less than 2% of the affected vehicles are expected to require transmission repairs after the PCM has been reprogrammed.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Do you know how I can tell what IDS release my PCM has or if my Escape is affected ?
Not unless you have a IDS. I've got VINs for eight '09 Escapes and all list that 10B15 note! You'll get a letter.

The PCM reflash that I had done under a TSB last year is in my vehicle history but all it says is that it was reflashed, no TSB, etc. mentioned.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My dealer was awesome about the recall and fixed it right up. i was notified, i thought all customers were notified through the mail?
Your only the second person in any forum that posted that they were notified.

·
Registered
532 Posts
My dealer was awesome about the recall and fixed it right up. i was notified, i thought all customers were notified through the mail?
The customer satisfaction letter is dated April 19 2010 ( a few days ago ) and states on its second page that owner letters are expected to began mailing April 30 , 2010. Your dealer must have jumped on it.
This appears to be a very recent IDS release.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Not unless you have a IDS. I've got VINs for eight '09 Escapes and all list that 10B15 note! You'll get a letter.

The PCM reflash that I had done under a TSB last year is in my vehicle history but all it says is that it was reflashed, no TSB, etc. mentioned.
This appears to be a more recent flash update than any of the TSB's.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This appears to be a more recent flash update than any of the TSB's.
It should be but I wonder what happens to TSB 09-18-03 which was the PCM reflash for harsh shifts, flares, etc. from last summer???? It hasn't been superceded!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Uh oh...this is exactly the kind of work the Korean Ford dealer told me they could not do because American Fords have different specs than the ones sold in Korea. And since I bought mine through Overseas Military Sales, I'm wondering if I'll get that letter...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had mine in for service last week and it showed up as a recall when they put the vin number in. They did reflash it. At first they didn't know if they had the updates in their computer but where able to do it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I had mine in for service last week and it showed up as a recall when they put the vin number in. They did reflash it. At first they didn't know if they had the updates in their computer but where able to do it.
Curious how many miles is on yours and if the transmission shifts any different after the flash.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If they don't have the current/newer IDS version, they can just download them.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Only if they have the latest version on the ids,sometimes they get behind on updates especially if the dealership only has 1 or 2 ids.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Only if they have the latest version on the ids,sometimes they get behind on updates especially if the dealership only has 1 or 2 ids.
I have about 15,000km on it now plus 5600 towed kilometers.
I think that was their concern but they did have it. I asked why it was being done, they looked it up gave me a copy. It made no noticable difference. My transmission had a few rev/bumps into gear at first but in the last 10,000km it has shifted very smoothly and has been good. Maybe everyone needs to lower the oil level to the minimum then drag it behind a motorhome for 4000 miles to smarten it up.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have about 15,000km on it now plus 5600 towed kilometers.
I think that was their concern but they did have it. I asked why it was being done, they looked it up gave me a copy. It made no noticable difference. My transmission had a few rev/bumps into gear at first but in the last 10,000km it has shifted very smoothly and has been good. Maybe everyone needs to lower the oil level to the minimum then drag it behind a motorhome for 4000 miles to smarten it up.
You have a total of 20600 Km including tow mileage ?
I'm curious what the build date is on yours and if you had the LH half shaft leak ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
build date 07/09
No sign of any leaks or weeping in or around the outputs. I have been watching, no problem yet, touch wood. I'm really am starting to wonder about the lowered oil level. It is shifting perfectly, no leaks and hasn't overheated what more could I ask for? Perhaps Ford needs to look at what is working rather than what isn't!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Usually, when you go into the dealership to get your oil changed, they run your vin and if there are any outstanding campaigns, they are performed at that time or you are asked if you would like to make an appointment to get them performed.
Don't use the excuse that it costs too much to get the oil changed at the dealer, because most Ford dealers will match or beat the lowest oil change in town. And use the right parts, with trained techs, not the guy that was flipping burgers yesterday.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Called my Ford dealer today and asked if my 2009 Escape (built 08-09) in kansas City was part of this Customer Satisfaction Program 10B15. They said that they did not no anything about this and would call me back. They called me back and have me set to go in Sat 05/01 to have the work done. Asked me how I knew about it and I told them I had read about it on the web:thumbsup:. My Escape only has 2600 miles on it so it should be only the re-programing part. I have noticed that when the car is cold it has some shift flare on the 1-2 shift but goes away once the car warms up. Hope this update keeps my transmission from having the more serious problems that others have had, as it looks like ford may have found the real problem with this transmission. From what I have read this over travel of the regulator valve causes low oil pressure to the clutches that in turn causes clutch wear and then ultimately transmission failure.

1 - 20 of 227 Posts