Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Post up any parts you know of that are discontinued for the Contour\Mystique. Here's what I've got. If I find anything I post incorrect I'll promptly correct it.

Please note, some of these parts can be found at scrappers, aftermarket or from someone parting out a Contour\Mystique. If anyone needs help finding parts, please either post here or PM, I'll do my best to put you in touch with the people I know that have parts for these cars.

= Obsolete =
SVT Sideskirts
SVT radiator
SVT Bumpers
SVT struts
Roof weather stripping
Rear mesh SVT
Side skirts SVT(only)
Wiring harnesses all years
Moonroof seal
SVT Flywheel
svt front lower mesh
SVT Oil cooler gasket
Moonroof seal
Plate/gasket between engine and trans. On V6 mtx
rod shifter bushings
Lower radiator hose on the V6
clutch disc (have to buy entire clutch kit)
main sunroof gear (can by purchased through sunroofgears.com)
Diff pinion/spider gears
power seat rail
Roof drip rails (those two black strips on the roof)
ABS Module
ABS Module Relay

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Please note:
This thread was updated 3/3/2012

Thanks Dave! :)

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Just about anything for you Dave! :)

·
Registered
487 Posts
I copied part of this onto a Model T Forum, for giggles.

When people ask about finding parts for my Model T, I reply that you can find more parts for a Model T, either original or reproduced, than for a ten year old car.

Except for body parts, nearly all the parts of the 15 millionth Model T from 1927 were made to fit all prior Ts, going back to 1909.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm wondering where do you get new roof seals on a Contour? Any one have an idea?
Which are you talking about?

Roof weather stripping
Moonroof seal

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The grey roof weatherstripping that runs along the two channels along the roof...
Thanks,
Lewis
New are going to be very difficult to find. You may need to go to the junkyard and try to find a car with good ones. Remove them using a flat head screwdriver and be very gentle, you DO NOT want to bend them.

Also there is a possibility if you can find a UK dealer, you may be able to get some new ones for a Mondeo, they should be compatible. I'll try to get the Ford part numbers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks! I appreciate it. I had not thought of the Mondeo angle. I might try UK ebay...on US ebay they have these "universal" chrome ones, but the look a little suspect.
Lewis

·
Registered
435 Posts
Antique Auto (mostly Ford) Parts in Arlington Texas (on Colorado Street) carries a lot of stuff.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
need transceiver ring for a 1998 ford contour 2.5L DOHC ford part# F7RZ15607BA
You may have to got to a junkyard and find the entire ignition with keys for that item. Or find someone parting a car out and buy everything from them (ignition\door\truck cylinders).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am looking for side skirts and bumper cover for my black 2000 Contour SVT. I also have issues with the sunroof. The motor seems to work and sounds like it grinding and sometimes it opens just a little. I haven't taken it apart....any hints on what it might be??

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Moonroof is the plastic gear inside. http://www.sunroofgears.com/ for a new gear take the cover off by first removing the light from the cover. There are two Philips head screws that get removed next then carefully slide the cover back to release the two rear tabs. Be careful as the plastic will have become brittle over the years and will break easily. Three toes screws hold the motor in, remove them, drop the motor, remove the black plastic cover to access the gear. I can pretty much guarantee when you take the white gear out you will see the worn/melted teeth.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dominick
1 - 15 of 15 Posts