Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I noticed some of the slotted drain holes on the bottom of my Escapes doors were clogged up with what appears to be adhesive or caulk , apparently from the factory.
There are two slots on each door and on the the drivers door both were completely clogged . I carefully drilled a 3/16 " hole near each clogged drain. Quite a bit of water drained from the drivers door. After everything was good and dry I used a paint brush to prime the perimeter of the holes. I've had it in the rain and car washes since and that seems to have worked very well. Maybe this is not common , but though I would give a heads up. :yikes:

·
Registered
798 Posts
Geesh! That's the same problem the 500 has.
Thanks for the heads up.....Good job catching it, I found mine by accident. Bumped the rubber door seal while detailing it....and freaked-out when a couple quarts of water dumped on the ground.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Geesh! That's the same problem the 500 has.
Thanks for the heads up.....Good job catching it, I found mine by accident. Bumped the rubber door seal while detailing it....and freaked-out when a couple quarts of water dumped on the ground.
Yep , I not only was surprised they were clogged , but how small they are. I would think Ford would be on this .:frown2:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was at one of the near by Ford dealers the other day and for curiosity checked the door drains on a couple of the Escapes , one of them had partially clogged drains on two doors and one completely blocked drain on one door , the other truck had two doors with one drain in each door completely blocked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts