Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,559 Posts
To the best of my knowledge no one is reproducing door weatherstrips for 1973 to 1978 full sized Ford.
(Rubber the right way, Steele Rubber, Dennis Carpenter ....)

In this very old thread a user states they had weatherstrips made at Hill Top Classic. Expensive if you want to go there.
1978 Ford LTD Roof-rail weather seals | Ford Automobiles (fordforumsonline.com)

There is another thread that I can not find, where a guy MADE weatherstrips for a second gen two door LTD Landau. When he started it I thought it was going to be awful. He was taking bulk weather strip and cutting and attaching joints and corners. It actually came out pretty amazing! I was impressed. If he sees this thread may be will post a link as there were pictures and he outlined the process well.

Then there is NOS stuff. Ebay would be the source and you will need to know the part numbers for that. A Master Parts Cat. will be needed. Ebay would be the source for those.

Action

Reactions: pkevins

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Action,

Thank You for Your answare, I really appreciate it.

I've found door weatherstrip seals on ebay, but for 2 door hardtop Ford LTD 1978 - link below

1973-1978 Ford LTD Galaxie 500 Custom 500 2 door hardtop door weatherstrip seals | eBay

Of course door in 2-doors car is bigger than in 4-doors car but I'm thinking to cut seals and then stick it together to make it shorter. Both ends of seals looks similar to 4-door version. How do You think, make it sens? Will be great to know Your opinion of this solution, because price plus shipping to Poland are not so low to take a risk. This solution is for front doors only, but better this than nothing :)

Best Regards

Wojtek.

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,559 Posts
I think that could work,

Action

·
Registered
1978 LTD Landau
72 Posts
Hi Action,

Thank You for Your answare, I really appreciate it.

I've found door weatherstrip seals on ebay, but for 2 door hardtop Ford LTD 1978 - link below

1973-1978 Ford LTD Galaxie 500 Custom 500 2 door hardtop door weatherstrip seals | eBay

Of course door in 2-doors car is bigger than in 4-doors car but I'm thinking to cut seals and then stick it together to make it shorter. Both ends of seals looks similar to 4-door version. How do You think, make it sens? Will be great to know Your opinion of this solution, because price plus shipping to Poland are not so low to take a risk. This solution is for front doors only, but better this than nothing :)

Best Regards

Wojtek.
I bought that exact set that you linked. Only downside I've had with them is the driver's side, forward mount already has a slight stretch/tear in it along the window channel. Not sure if it was just a molding defect as the other side is fine. Just something to be aware of should you nab that same set.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts