Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
A subscription to AllData for $26.00 works for me.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
If you go in with a friendly attitude, and a smile, and wait patiently, I have found that the parts guys at my local ford dealership are very helpful.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My ford Dealer is great. 5 purchases from them and they have a no BS. approach.
Thats a great idea talking to the part dept. I'm still going to pick up the 180 book for the future. I m going to try and get down there on mon to speak with them about my questions.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Same with me. Actually the salesperson gets me the "brother in law" discount. Works out to about 15% off of parts.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So the 08 tranny is a F6 made at the Van Dyke plant. does anybody have any info on the tranny? I've looked everywhere and found nothing. I can't imagine the info isn't out there, I'm not wording it correct. I just want to know if it's a reliable tranny, if it's a CVT or semi-automatic or none of the above? I heard of another type of tranny , a trans(something)

·
Registered
694 Posts
So the 08 tranny is a F6 made at the Van Dyke plant. does anybody have any info on the tranny? I've looked everywhere and found nothing. I can't imagine the info isn't out there, I'm not wording it correct. I just want to know if it's a reliable tranny, if it's a CVT or semi-automatic or none of the above? I heard of another type of tranny , a trans(something)
The '08 uses the CD4E transmission but I don't know if it is/was a Ford product or purchased from a supplier.

Just Googled it. It seems that the CD4E was built at Ford's Batavia Tramsmission plant from 1994-2007.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Oh, I thought the CD4E was for the 4 cylinder..On the Wikepedia page it says the auto 2008 V6 uses the F6. Thats where i was kind of confused because the Ford site for the tranny years didn't have the 2008 listed. Thanks much
The '08 Ford Workshop Manual only lists the CD4E for the gas version and nothing else. Wikepedia isn't always 100% correct, anybody can edit/enter data.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts