Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a 99 E350 bus (duallie V10) to convert to a camper and use as a tow rig for my Jeep Scrambler.

Had a shop look it over and the immediate needs are tires, front brakes, serpentine belt, 3 coils, and rear ABS sensor.

Looking for opinions/threads on handling those, with the size of this thing, I can't get it in the garage and jacking it on my driveway will defintiely damage it without some large metal plate to have the jack on, so I need the shop/lift for things that I can't get to easily.

Thinking the ABS and brakes are worth having them do, I will tackle the coils and of course the serpentine belt.

It's got 91k miles on it, any other thoughts/issues/help is sure welcome! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Out of my realm Big Walton,
But hi Anyway, try posting your querey in the Van Section, you will probably get more of a response than in this forum.

CIAO
FBp

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I actually did one better and searched up a thread on the ABS, which made me realize it was simple to do myself, so I handled that.

Found a thread on getting to the plugs in the van forum and posted in there, so I think I'm good (just need to remove the driver's seat and take my time working on them.)

Tires and front brakes are done. Next up are the coils to get rid of the missing and then the serp belt (which actually looked fine to me after I got it back from the shop).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts