Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is an easy anti-theft mod that can be done to keep your car from being stolen.

On newer manual transmission cars there is a switch on the clutch linkage that tells the computer if the clutch is pushed in or not.

What you do is cut 1 wire that goes to the switch and put a set of long wires attached to the wire you just cut and install a hidden switch somewhere.

When you leave the car flip the switch to open the contact.

When a thief tries to steal your car they can not start it even if they can bypass the factory alarm cause the computer will think that the clutch has not been pushed in yet!

I imagine this also could be done to cars with neutral safety switches too.

Do this mod at your own risk and make sure you know your vehicles electrical system first before attempting any electrical mod.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Instead of using a toggle switch,I would use a normally open momentary switch.The switch is always open until it is pushed.Once released it goes back to open.This way you don't forget to flip the switch when leaving the car.

I put many of these in high end cars back in the day and hid them under the carpet by the seat. You just push on the carpet and complete the circuit. It's easy to reach and completely undetectable.

Electrical supply Technology Auto part Electronic device Wheel

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah any kind of switch will work as long as it is hidden and you hold it down when starting. I prefer a on/off switch this way if you valet the car or bring it in for service you do not have to tell anybody about a hidden switch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is an easy anti-theft mod that can be done to keep your car from being stolen.

On newer manual transmission cars there is a switch on the clutch linkage that tells the computer if the clutch is pushed in or not.

What you do is cut 1 wire that goes to the switch and put a set of long wires attached to the wire you just cut and install a hidden switch somewhere.

When you leave the car flip the switch to open the contact.

When a thief tries to steal your car they can not start it even if they can bypass the factory alarm cause the computer will think that the clutch has not been pushed in yet!

I imagine this also could be done to cars with neutral safety switches too.

Do this mod at your own risk and make sure you know your vehicles electrical system first before attempting any electrical mod.
If you are a non smoker use the cigar lighter as a switch when pushed in it makes the circuit

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
If you are a non smoker use the cigar lighter as a switch when pushed in it makes the circuit
I like that idea, but I use the cigarette lighter port to charge my phone, and other accessories.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.