Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed the Pro-Flo 4 Fuel Injection system on my 64 Falcon and it is working better than expected. I have no stumble, no flat spot and it idles and starts as advertised. It does take a while to install as the wiring is basically cut for universal installation. That's probably my biggest complaint. For 1900 you would think they would at least cut the harness to fit a small block ford. it seems cut for a small block chevy because I had to use the distributor wiring extension. I wasn't in a hurry and took my time. I did cut some wires and spliced them back together using a butt solder and shrink tube so it was permanent and clean. I wanted to get it together before the winter when I drop the new 347 in. Currently still on the stock bottom end 289 and it really made a performance and driveability difference. No difference in air filter height either. The exact same as the manifold carb I removed but looks a lot meaner!

Here's a side by side.
20200909_142330.jpg

I used Holley's in take fuel pump so I didn't have to run a return line, even used the original 5/16" line from the tank to just under the drivers seat where I converted it to 3/8" and came thru the frame where the stabilizer mount is and went from there to the fuel rail with stainless braided line.

The car starts with the turn of the key and no pedal action. The app on the android phone lets you control everything and it's constantly teaching. It gets better each time I drive it. Very happy so far. Can't wait for the 347 to be done and installed.

20200913_113601.jpg

The engine is waiting for the pushrods to come in so I can finish the build on the stand. Then I'll pull the old motor and detail the engine compartment and clean up some of the wiring the previous owner left me to figure out.

20201010_092610.jpg

Going to be a fun Spring!

Steve

·
Registered
642 Posts
I recently installed the Pro-Flo 4 Fuel Injection system on my 64 Falcon and it is working better than expected. I have no stumble, no flat spot and it idles and starts as advertised. It does take a while to install as the wiring is basically cut for universal installation. That's probably my biggest complaint. For 1900 you would think they would at least cut the harness to fit a small block ford. it seems cut for a small block chevy because I had to use the distributor wiring extension. I wasn't in a hurry and took my time. I did cut some wires and spliced them back together using a butt solder and shrink tube so it was permanent and clean. I wanted to get it together before the winter when I drop the new 347 in. Currently still on the stock bottom end 289 and it really made a performance and driveability difference. No difference in air filter height either. The exact same as the manifold carb I removed but looks a lot meaner!

Here's a side by side.
View attachment 46658

I used Holley's in take fuel pump so I didn't have to run a return line, even used the original 5/16" line from the tank to just under the drivers seat where I converted it to 3/8" and came thru the frame where the stabilizer mount is and went from there to the fuel rail with stainless braided line.

The car starts with the turn of the key and no pedal action. The app on the android phone lets you control everything and it's constantly teaching. It gets better each time I drive it. Very happy so far. Can't wait for the 347 to be done and installed.

View attachment 46659

The engine is waiting for the pushrods to come in so I can finish the build on the stand. Then I'll pull the old motor and detail the engine compartment and clean up some of the wiring the previous owner left me to figure out.

View attachment 46660

Going to be a fun Spring!

Steve
Hello Stephen Hamaday,

I have a question if you do not mind. How was your intake manifold machined from the Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 system? The reason I ask is I recently bought an Edelbrock intake from the Pro-Flo 4 system for the FE engine and it's pretty shoddy. I was wondering how it contrasted to the Windsor intake.

All that aside congrats on the installation and no more carburetor woes!

Cheers

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The machine work looked good.. no sharp edges, machining lines were smooth. I was more surprised at AFR heads for not cleaning burrs around the water jackets on the intake side. Since I had to measure for pushrods I dropped the head on the passenger side and got my measurements and then torqued it up. Didn't see the burrs until I took the other head out of the bag. So have some vacuum deburring to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts