Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awhile ago I pulled P0401 code from my 99 taurus (3.0 liter). I have already replaced the soilinoid and taken apart the all vacume/ exshust lines to check for clogs. I am at the point of replacing the valve right now. The one thing that i don't kow about is the pressure feedback sensor. I have never seen a system with this sensor before. Is there anyway to tell if this is going bad? If so please help.

Also i know it may be a long shot, but I have also had a stalling at hot idle condition. I have replaced the IAC already, and the only DTC's that I am getting are for the EGR system. I am not well versed in fords so if anyone knows of common problems with these cars it would be of great help.

thanks

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
The pressure feed back sensor, or DPFE is the biggest reason for your P0401 code. If you have cleaned everything and still get that code replace the DPFE.

·
Registered
96 Posts
EGR is rarely the cause of engine stalls unless the valve is stuck OPEN !

Quick way to check EGR.

With the engine idling, disconnect the vacuum hose that goes to the EGR valve. Apply an external vacuum to the EGR valve. The engine should immediately stumble/stall. If not the valve is not working or the passageways are clogged.

Once you have confirmed the EGR valve and passageways are in good shapr, then replace the DPFE.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts