Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a check engine light a while ago and had the code read at AutoZone. It said the EGR flow was excessive. I replaced the valve and the sensor and cleared the code. Now I can drive for about 200 miles or so but then the check engine light comes back on. The code now read too little flow. The exact opposite problem.

Help!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Your code is usually caused by the DPFE sensor. If you have replaced a sensor you may have a problem with the EVR solenoid. Your system has those three parts in it. The DPFE senses the amount of flow and the EVR directs vacuum to the valve to start and stop the flow.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your code is usually caused by the DPFE sensor. If you have replaced a sensor you may have a problem with the EVR solenoid. Your system has those three parts in it. The DPFE senses the amount of flow and the EVR directs vacuum to the valve to start and stop the flow.
Where can I find the EGR solenoid? I'll be happy to replace it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Where can I find the EGR solenoid? I'll be happy to replace it.
I have included a pdf of the EGR system operation, t-shoot charts, etc from the service manual for your Taurus. This should help you locate the solenoid and test it. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have now replaced the EGR solenoid. I cleared the code and am waiting to see it if returns.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts