Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Electrical problems when it rains...
In Oct. '05, I got an '05 Mustang. A few months later, it was raining hard, and the radio, headlights went off. The parking brake, oil, & gas lights came on. The engine was still running. I pulled off into a gas station, turned the car off & called the Ford dealership. They told me to bring it in. While I was on the phone with them, I started it up, but couldn't take it out of park. They seemed confused. 20 mins went by and I heard a clicking and everything started working. Lights, radio, & I was able to change gears. I took her in, they put her on the computer and nothing came up. No codes!
In 5 years nothing has happened since, until last night. It was pouring down, and the same thing happened. When I finally got home, and I noticed a few things. The clicker doesn't work to unlock/lock the doors. The check engine light is on. When I turn the parking lights on the headlights come on also. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have a clue what is wrong? Have a great one!
Thanks,
UADOLL

·
Registered
6 Posts
i would check the wireing harness connector (big set of wires that can be unpluged) i had a Lincoln do that but head lights and everything stopped working. unplug it and make sure it is dry

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks. I'll check that. Where is the wiring harness connector located? I noticed today when I start her up the headlights come on without me turning them on. When I turn the car off they go off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts