Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 Ford Explorer 4.0 the oil pump give out while driving at about 5 mile an hour the engine stop, I change the oil pump and now it won’t crank or no start. I even buy a new coil pack and nothing. I live in Belize if someone can help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
14,895 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

No crank -
Dead battery
Shifter not in Park or Neutral
Clutch not depressed if so equipped
Starter relay not working
Wiring not reconnected correctly

Action

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took it to a local mechanic since we don’t have no other choice, and sure he don’t know what to do. I was notified that I need to tow it to a electrician now who can scan it.

·
Super Moderator
14,895 Posts
Keep us posted as to the result

Action

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok update so I tow my 2004 Ford Explorer 4.0 V6 for a computer diagnosis I was told I need a computer for that truck. Am not sure that will solve the issue but I need to start somewhere. Am now looking for a computer in Belize 🇧🇿 and am sure it won’t be easy.

·
Registered
7,818 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,895 Posts
Ok update so I tow my 2004 Ford Explorer 4.0 V6 for a computer diagnosis I was told I need a computer for that truck. Am not sure that will solve the issue but I need to start somewhere. Am now looking for a computer in Belize 🇧🇿 and am sure it won’t be easy.
In my experience and searching the net, computer almost never fixes an issue.
I realize you do not have much choice based on your location.
The diagnostic section in the shop manual might be a good resource
I think I read an article from a source that does rebuilt PCMs and the article stated less than 50% were bad.

Good luck my friend

Action

·
Registered
7,818 Posts
If I recall correctly his model has the PC mounted in the firewall
They sometimes get water in them an corrode the connector
That would be a good starting point to see if it getting fire from that point
Instead of buying one
Just a thought

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok latest update my computer burnout how it happened I don’t know. It even has a hole in it. How can I get a computer that is already programmed for this truck anyone know ???

·
Registered
7,818 Posts
Ok latest update my computer burnout how it happened I don’t know. It even has a hole in it. How can I get a computer that is already programmed for this truck anyone know ???
I would Follow that link I posted before
and ask them
They may need a number from yours
They have a phone number listed to help you

·
Super Moderator
14,895 Posts
Belize is not a dry climate. After the change it my be in your best interest to make a plastic cover to protect the connection. Just a cover over the top to keep out water. I am thinking a cut apart water bottle might do the trick. As Dominick stated in post #10 water getting into the connections causes issues. Providing a physical barrier to keep the water out of that connection of the 3 wire harnesses might prevent future problems.

The new computer may need to be flashed. To have the software configured. Unless the supplier can use your calibration number to make an exact copy.

Action

Reactions: Luis V
1 - 15 of 15 Posts