Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 302 w/ 351w heads has been sitting around for 4 years without properly running. I bought it with only 4 cylinders firing, I had its valves replaced and its fuel pump as well as fuel filters. when i had the engine rebuilt only 4 cylinders were firing, #'s 5,2,3,8 and #'s 1,4,6,7 are not. any ideas what the cause is? and what to do? the distributor and spark plugs are working.:confused5:

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Is it carburetor? If it is then you could have a bad carb on it. If fuel is not flowing through both side of the carb this can happen. The intake is split and the runners go to the cylinders in the order you mention.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Is it carburetor? If it is then you could have a bad carb on it. If fuel is not flowing through both side of the carb this can happen. The intake is split and the runners go to the cylinders in the order you mention.
The exact same thing I was thinking. Also double check your firing order, there is a difference in the 302 and 302HO/351w firing order.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its carburetor, ill try to test it on a new carb i have. how will u determine if it is 302 high output?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
already used a new carburetor still no go. any other ideas?:sad:

Do a compression test. My own 390 did that on me. Can't believe I didn't remember. I had a valve that stuck open in # 6 cylinder. It affected every cylinder that was on the same plane in the manifold. So in my case 1, 6, 7, and 4 were affected. Just one stuck valve but 4 low or non performing cylinders.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts