Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i decided just to put the orginal 5.0 in my truck after all, and after getting a closer look at the truck looks like the right decision the truck is really starting to rot in all over the place, like unable to save rot. so finishing up the motor swap project, i get down to reconnection the fuel lines and here come the question for you supper people:

So between a 89 and a 90 ford f-250 decided to reoute the fuel lines .... WHY! so i have to make up some distance. So since i cut the fuel line originally i just want to hook up some rubber hoses to make up the diffrence on the supply side i just beveled the edges and put two hose clamps on the lines, using rubber fuel line from napa ... so the question is does anyone object too this practice, i have used this before, and wonder what you professional feel.

P.S. if your going to do this job ... INVEST IN THE $6.00 Spring Tool for ford fuel lines LIFE WILL BE EASIER

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
An 89 had two fuel pumps, a low pressure one in the tank and a high pressure one on the driver's side frame rail. The '90 had a single high pressure one in the tank.

Regarding using rubber fuel lines, make sure that you have high pressure hose (about $1.00 a foot) not the cheap stuff, and use high pressure clamps.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
This is not a good practice and definately not safe for a permanent fix. Ok to do if you just need to "get er home" but then fix it right. Ford sells the proper line, others may too. The fittings should be barbed for a one way fit on the fuel line.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Three fuel pumps oh man ... that could get expensive ... so i will try to find the proper hoses ill check with ford in the morning ill use my fix for now, but i will do it right soon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.