Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get my hands on 1996 Windstar with a mint body, but trashed engine and tranny for free, and 2000 and 2002 wrecks with good engines and transmissions for $100 each. All are 3.8 engines. I am wondering if the newer engines and/or transmissions will be compatible with the 1996. If not I'll probably just pull the engines and transmissions out of the newer ones and sell the three bodies for scrap.

I know nothing of the Windstars, my knowledge of Fords is limited to the 1960s and 70s pickups and sedans. If it doesn't have a 390 I'm kinda lost!

Any input and advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Welcome to the site. We need more dinosaurs around here. The newer windstars are split port and an entirely different looking monster. You may want to check out a v6 mustang forum for the details on a split port swap, they do it alot in the stangs. I think its a drop in as the split port part of it works on vacuum motors and isn't comp. controlled. I was and still am thinking about a s/p swap when the 200 finally dies all the way in my wagon. But, yeah, I would definitely check a v6 mustang forum. Rich

1 - 2 of 2 Posts