Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have an 09 I4 XLT and it was noisy in the winter (temps below -15C) but that is exhaust not engine noise. My Dealer added a new resonator and a second muffler between the manifold and the Cat. under a TSB to address it... I won't know if it worked until next winter...

But as far as engine noise goes I don't find it excessive..

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2010 4-cyl Escape XLT that is only marginally louder in engine noise than my 2007 4-cyl Fusion SEL.

The same difference is noticed in road noise. Both have Michelin tires.

I really didn't expect the Escape to be as quiet as the Fusion, so it is not a big deal to me. I have several cars that my wife and three kids drive.

Neither the Fusion nor the Escape are as quiet, nor as smooth, as my Land Rover LR3. My '93 F-150 is loud, and the '01 Taurus (V-6 24v SES Premium, bought used for my kids) is as smooth as silk, very quiet, and has everything offered on a vehicle back then.

The Escape doesn't "stick out" as the noisy one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 09 I4 XLT and it was noisy in the winter (temps below -15C) but that is exhaust not engine noise. My Dealer added a new resonator and a second muffler between the manifold and the Cat. under a TSB to address it... I won't know if it worked until next winter...

The engine noise is it better with new resonator and muffler?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts