Ford Automobiles banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone first time post, I got a 2001 expedition manual controls and the ac goes to defrost on acel and back to panel after letting off gas. checked hoses behind battery box and found hose broke and fixed it. check the other vacuum lines with low air pressure and all good . what else should i be looking for.

·
Registered
534 Posts
not much else, check your vacuum cannister and do a vacuum test on the engine

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
You might also listen real closely under the dash for a vacuum leak. Your controls are vacuum actuated, and a diaphragm within one of them may be leaking.

Also the switch in the dash is a vacuum switch, they sometimes fail.

While this is a windstar, there are pictures that may be helpful.
http://www.fordforumsonline.com/for...ng-systems/153-windstar-rear-ac-problems.html

Howto locate a vacuum leak
http://www.fordforumsonline.com/forum/engine-drivetrain/94-howto-how-locate-vacuum-leak.html#post423

·
Registered
534 Posts
You might also listen real closely under the dash for a vacuum leak. Your controls are vacuum actuated, and a diaphragm within one of them may be leaking.

Also the switch in the dash is a vacuum switch, they sometimes fail.

While this is a windstar, there are pictures that may be helpful.
http://www.fordforumsonline.com/for...ng-systems/153-windstar-rear-ac-problems.html

Howto locate a vacuum leak
http://www.fordforumsonline.com/forum/engine-drivetrain/94-howto-how-locate-vacuum-leak.html#post423
thanks poppy i forgot about the controls.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
thanks poppy i forgot about the controls.
LOL... if you ever had to do headstands while working on them, you wouldn't too quickly forget about them :)

·
Registered
564 Posts
I bet that the 3-way check valve is bad in that same line that you repaired (inside eng. compartment- right rear corner).

-Jon

·
Registered
944 Posts
The vacuum harness for the HVAC controls has a disconnect plug near the gas pedal. You might find that there is an audible leak at this plug. You may also find that is a very convenient place to test the vacuum actuators inside the vehicle.

...check the other vacuum lines with low air pressure and all good ....
I'm not sure I would use air pressure to test these actuators.....
(-don't ask...:blush2:)

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
i blew air in lines at the throttle body ? where all 3 or 4 line go in and didnt hear any leaks. my only thougth was the pvc hose. does it have any thing to do with it just to rule it out. I check internal vacuum hoses in the moring. maybe a bigger aftermaket air canister might do the trick after being rehosed with biger vacuum line.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
What does the things do that the air lines go to many one is bad how to know. The pvc hose is crammed in the firewall and the pvc valve rattles but not tight fit in valve cover.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
the pvc valve rattles but not tight fit in valve cover.
lol... can you spell vacuum leak?

Good job! Let us know if changing the grommet fixes it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had some hose in my toolbox to replace one hose going to back of throttle body top back of motor, to a hvac box beside brake booster that looked ready ruff, i mean the rubber flaked off as you rubbed it. After wife drove kids to camp ground later that day see noticed it wasnt doing it anymore. dont know what really fixed it but it acts up anymore i will replace pvc hose and grommet. thanks for all the help.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Ok... I'm marking this resolved, and will close it in a couple of days, if it acts up and you want to reopen this thread, just ask any moderator and he can reopen it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.