Ford Automobiles banner

Expy spark plugs

962 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Dominick 1 
#1 ·
I have a 2004 with a 5.4. How can I tell which motor I have 2 valve or 3? I got a skip code says #7. I went to change all the plugs and coils took out 1 coil couldn't budge plug..... noticed heater control valve leaking, on 2 coils figured that was the cause of the misfire. I will change valve today but I still want to change plugs and coils...expy has 230K I hope these arnt original plugs.....

#2 ·
Welcome to the FFO!

05-14 5.4 in Expy/Navigator have the 3V version. The first years of these had two piece spark plugs.

99 to 04 5.4 in the same vehicle had the 2V version. This version has issues with spark plugs threads stripping out. The repair can be made with the head on but is not easy. Recommend spark plug removal be unthreading a little and then threading back. Then remove a little further then thread back in. Do this until the plug is removed. Re-installation with very high temp antisieze. Low temp antisieze just doesn't cut it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>Action

#4 ·
He has the 2 valve version.

>>>>>>>>>>>>Action

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.