Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm a Swedish guy who came across a Ford Fairlane 500 GT / A Coupe 1966 with the 390 engine. In a very good condition. The only thing I know is changed is that there are edelbrock tops and holly carburettor. Msd ignition system. Otherwise original. the price is 38000 usd. what do you think ? Have checked the vin number stuck in the plate in front of the refrigerator. that's right

·
Registered
540 Posts
Is the car in Sweden? If it's in the US, that is LOT of money. I think the 390 and the Fairlane are an awesome combination, but Edelbrock heads, intake manifold and a Holley carburetor don't necessarily mean a lot if they were just bolted onto the original short block. If the engine was rebuilt by a professional from the ground up and the bits on top you describe were designed into it as a system, then perhaps it's great a performer.
Althought this article is nearly 10 years of age, it has some interesting points.https://www.hemmings.com/magazine/mus/2008/09/1966--67-Ford-Fairlane-GT-GTA/1692292.html

If you could post photo of or describe the 'warranty/door tag' that should be on jamb of the driver side door, we can tell you some about it's original configuration. For instance, did it really leave the factory as a GT/A? Ideally, the VIN on that door tag will match the VIN on the body. Look under hood on the near the driver side shock 'tower'; not sure what you mean by the word "refrigerator".
Welcome to the Forum.
Kevin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's built by a serious company. Think the engine was a bit remodeled for racing a long time ago. Unfortunately, the door tag is missing because I think they picked it off and painted the car in original color before. What I mean is that the vin number is in front of the radiator. Yes it is a gt/a from the factory. It has a lot of papers from US. Thanks
Svenska Engelska Svenska – Engelska - ...
sv.bab.la › lexikon › svensk-engelsk
Du kan skriva ord både på svenska och engelskaför att slå upp en översättning i lexikonet. Sökfunktionen fungerar på både den ...
Engelskt-svenskt lexikon · ‎Bla bla · ‎Snabb· ‎Gå ombord på
Engelska Svenska Engelska – Svenska - ...
sv.bab.la › lexikon › engelsk-svensk
Slå upp en översättning från engelska till svenskai ett gratis engelsk-svenskt lexikon. Skriv det engelska ordet som du vill översätta till ...
Svenska och engelska | Lexikon24.nu
lexikon24.nu › svenska-engelska-lexikon
Använd Lexikon24 för översättning från Svenska till engelska eller översätt från något annat språk som finns tillgängligt på sidan.
Google Översätt
https://translate.google.se › ...
Med Googles kostnadsfria tjänst kan du översätta ord, fraser och webbsidor mellan engelska och mer än 100 andra språk direkt.
Folkets lexikon
folkets-lexikon.csc.kth.se
Detta engelsk-svenska lexikon tillhör folket och utvidgas av oss alla tillsammans. Du kan ge ditt bidrag genom att bedöma ...
Svenska-Engelska Ordbok, Glosbe
https://sv.glosbe.com › ...
Svenska - engelska ordbok online på Glosbe. Bläddra 284 639 fraser och 24 644 787 färdiga översättningsminnen. Gratis.
Svensk-engelsk ordbok - WordReference.com
www.wordreference.com › sven
Översättning engelska-svenska. Se sammansatta former, exempelmeningar, forumdiskussioner och ställ dina frågor.
Ord.se: En språktjänst från NE
https://www.ord.se
Sök på Svenska i .... Engelska pro, svenska,svenska synonymer, Engströms tekniska, tyska, franska, spanska, italienska, ryska och ...
Tyda
tyda.se
Ett lexikon för översättning med över 1 miljon uppslagsord på svenska, engelska, tyska, franska och spanska.
Terminologicentrum | Skrivregler för svenska och engelska från TNC (TNC ...
www.tnc.se › produkt › skrivregler-for-s...
Skrivregler för svenska och engelska från TNC (TNC 100) ger dig svar på dessa och många andra frågor om till exempel när man ...
Pris
292,00 kr
Tillgänglighet
I lager

Relaterade sökningar
översättning engelska till svenska gratis
översätt svenska till spanska
lexikon svenska
engelsk ordbok
översätt svenska till engelska meningar
lexikon svenska arabiska
engelska synonymer
engelska ord

Nästa
Älvsbyn S - Från IP-adressen
- Läs mer
[email protected] - Byt konto
Inställningar Hjälp Sekretess Villkor

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the car in Sweden? If it's in the US, that is LOT of money. I think the 390 and the Fairlane are an awesome combination, but Edelbrock heads, intake manifold and a Holley carburetor don't necessarily mean a lot if they were just bolted onto the original short block. If the engine was rebuilt by a professional from the ground up and the bits on top you describe were designed into it as a system, then perhaps it's great a performer.
Althought this article is nearly 10 years of age, it has some interesting points.https://www.hemmings.com/magazine/mus/2008/09/1966--67-Ford-Fairlane-GT-GTA/1692292.html

If you could post photo of or describe the 'warranty/door tag' that should be on jamb of the driver side door, we can tell you some about it's original configuration. For instance, did it really leave the factory as a GT/A? Ideally, the VIN on that door tag will match the VIN on the body. Look under hood on the near the driver side shock 'tower'; not sure what you mean by the word "refrigerator".
Welcome to the Forum.
Kevin

Welcome to the Forum.
Kevin
Yes its in sweden

·
Super Moderator
13,280 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!
Based on the VIN it is -
1966 Fairlane 500 GT
2 door hard top with bucket seats
Built in Atlanta Georgia
Has a 390 4V GT engine

There is costs in shipping a car over seas. Just not sure what that cost may be.

In the US market IF that vehicle has a 4 speed manual transmission the price is at the top of the market. Meaning the vehicle should be in perfect condition with stock parts.

If it does not have a 4 speed. (Most did)
And the intake manifold, carburetor and ignition are non-stock
It would seem you may be able to negotiate a lower price.
Just an opinion.

It is a desired car. However part of that desirability will be in stock condition. The change in intake manifold, carburetor and ignition do lower the market value. Finding those pieces and changing them should not be too difficult. Being in Sweden it is a little more complex.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action

·
Super Moderator
13,280 Posts
The VIN appears to be original. Yes cars can and do become fake or clones.

Ford did not make a Fairlane 500 GT/a by name. The correct model name is Fairlane 500 GT. It is just a model name.

With the C6 automatic the market value is a couple thousand dollars less in the US.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action

1 - 9 of 9 Posts