Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford Falcons are not, near, as popular as A-Body Mopars, Camaros etc., but I'm surprised at the little activity on This Forum.

·
Super Moderator
14,669 Posts
Actually there has been an uptick of Falcon posters in the last few months. RPM you are one of those.

This forum isn't that big. 13,000 users with 5000 in the last 4 years. Most of the previous users left this forum and never came back due to changes in forum ownership. If you look at the number of users and the number of threads/posts Dominick's statement has some validity. The number of users is similar and the number of threads/posts is lower than other forums.

Not sure how to improve engagement. But pictures do have a piece in that. More pictures do get others to engage.

>>>>Action

·
Registered
143 Posts
Most of the guys here are Falcon purists, while some like me use our Falcons for racing. There is not to many Falcon owners that are interested in a 1,017 hp Falcon, but they are interested in fixing their problems with their street legal Falcon, so I don't post much here. I do like to visit and learn what is happening with other Falcon owners.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
-- _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ - _ __ _ __ _ There is not to many Falcon owners that are interested in a 1,017 hp Falcon, but they are interested in fixing their problems with their street legal Falcon, _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ -- .
-- That's Me. - I like a little H P, but My Falcon is just a, fun, Street Car. --
Falcon - Blown Up Picture.JPG

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Fairlanes, in general theres not much going on in all the forums I've been to.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Falcons used to be plentiful in my area in the 70’s and 80’s but now they’re pretty much nonexistent. When scrap was high they went the way of the dodo, the only thing people saved was Mustangs, and now they’re trying to bail out of them, there’s more Mustangs on Marketplace and so forth than you can shake a stick at, and cheap. Falcons, on the other hand, have become a rarity, and expensive. I had to go 75 miles outside my area to get one.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I've had a couple, one 61 two door sedan that I bought without a motor and transmission but never did anything with and one 67 sport coupe that had a warmed up 302 and c4 that I sold to buy another car but I can't remember what. I got a letter from the city of St. Louis Mo. a couple years later saying they had it and there was a $200 tow bill on it that I needed to pay. I called them and said it was there's. But I've always wanted to get a 61 two door wagon like my parents bought new when I was a kid.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ford Falcons are not, near, as popular as A-Body Mopars, Camaros etc., but I'm surprised at the little activity on This Forum.
I was thinking the same thing except its the Mustang guys. There is a ton of guys asking question on the Mustang forums and hardly anybody here in Falcon Land? Must be because the Falcon guys are smarter than Mustang guys and don't need the help.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was thinking the same thing except its the Mustang guys. There is a ton of guys asking question on the Mustang forums and hardly anybody here in Falcon Land? Must be because the Falcon guys are smarter than Mustang guys and don't need the help.
Yeah, there’s alot of guys asking questions on the Mustang forum, but not really much at all about the old ones, just the new ones. I’ve also noticed all the old Mustang projects for sale online, and cheap. I think the new mustangs overshadowed people’s desire for the old stangs judging by the number of them out there for sale. The Falcon, on the other hand, has no new re-issue, and the supply of old falcons and comets is pretty skimpy these days. If you can find one it’s either so far gone that you don’t want to bother with it, or it’s just too expensive to touch. Everyone saved the mustangs, which became sort of undesirable, and left the falcons go for scrap which made them rare and desirable, which makes the Falcon guys rare by association. Either that or there’s only a few of us weirdos around.

·
Super Moderator
14,669 Posts
I would rather hang with the weirdos

>>>>>>Action

Reactions: mainsoda

·
Registered
134 Posts
Actually there has been an uptick of Falcon posters in the last few months. RPM you are one of those.

This forum isn't that big. 13,000 users with 5000 in the last 4 years. Most of the previous users left this forum and never came back due to changes in forum ownership. If you look at the number of users and the number of threads/posts Dominick's statement has some validity. The number of users is similar and the number of threads/posts is lower than other forums.

Not sure how to improve engagement. But pictures do have a piece in that. More pictures do get others to engage.

>>>>Action
Agreed, that's why my first 2-3 posts have pictures. Forums usually consist of people who need advice on doing something they haven't done before. And need opinions on what to buy and what brand. Also some that know a lot about cars come here to share what they've done for the people looking for help. And then you have the people that just want to talk with people with common interests.

I took delivery of my car new years day and already on my 3rd and largest project. Swapping out the 8" rear for a brand new narrowed Quick Performance 9", 4:30 Traction Lok Nodular case. New 5 leaf springs with 1" lift. Caltracs and 235-60-15 on 15 x 8 Torq Thrusts. The housing is installed and need to bleed the brakes and hook up the e brake. Taking the driveshaft over tomorrow to have it shortened and balanced. I opted for the disc brakes as well. So I have been taking lots of pictures and will chronicle the whole thing here once it's done. In the meantime here's a pic of it waiting to roll under the car.

Steve
DSC02207-20.jpg

·
Registered
53 Posts
Cruising in my area of SoCal back the mid 1970s I never saw "any" Falcons cruising and I was there every Friday and Saturday night in 'my '65 Fastback Mustang until I was the last car left.

During the same time a friend's dad bought a '64 Sprint convertible and we thought he was out of his mind for not wanting a Mustang instead. After awhile I got sick of looking at early Mustangs. Especially after owning 13 of them myself. I still have a real '66 GT-350 that would qualify as a Barn Find by now and a project, '70 Boss 302 I bought a couple year's back becuase I had a rebuilt Boss 302 engine looking for a home. But for some reason lately I like the '64 Falcons. I bought a basket case Futura, factory black 4-speed car for $1500.00,, It was just too cheap to pass up. Then I bought a complete but not running '64 factory red, factory 4-speed Sprint for $5000.00. The plan for the Futura is a straight axle and a 427 side oiler. I have a 427 built out of all NOS parts that is looking for a home. The Sprint I don't want to screw-up. I'm thinking I will build it using period correct speed parts. I found a NOS GT40 Lemans Cam. No roller lifters no roller rockers. I found a really nice complete Factory Ford tri-power setup. Factory Ford dual point, none of that fancy electronic igntion. Nice Autolite distributor with a black cap and no vacuum advance. Sprint chrome air cleaner and valve covers. 9-inch rearend with maybe 4:11 gears. The only non factory Ford parts will be a teardrop hood. Its in the box out in the garage, at least I hope its in there I never looked. Some real 1960s Torq Thrusts that do not say "American Racing Made in China." That just wrong, Plus I don't want any Torq Thrusts that could be carrying the Corona Virus. Maybe a 300-350 hp 289. I'm even thinking of using an actual 289, no 347, no aluminum heads only what was available between 1964 and maybe 1970. I found a pair of vintage Lakewood ground pounder traction bars with the lockout feature so can lock the spring solid or unlock it so it dos not beat your to death. I've always liked the look of those vintage traction bars with the big holes drills in them. They were not easy to find.

The problem with the '66 GT-350 and the '70 Boss 302 is I don't dare change anything from original and that is kind of a turnoff. The Falcons I can add my personal touch to them.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I agree with you guys, a bone stock Falcon is the way to go. Our 60 Falcon is bone stock except for the 9 inch narrowed Moser with 35 spline axles, 4.11 and 3.70 gears, four wheel disc brakes, modified C-6 trans, 511 ci all aluminum FE bored and stroked engine, nitrous, lexan windows, Quick Fuel 950 carb, modified Edlebrock rpm heads, Modified Edelbrock Victor intake, straight axle, trans brake, line lock, full roll cage, solid roller cam.

Other than those minor things it is bone stock.

·
Registered
14 Posts
F0AD18FF-20C4-42C8-A8C0-0425F4303353.jpeg
8C9F5378-1DA4-415A-A33D-411C80222AF1.jpeg
Here is my project. 65 Futura with 33k original. Would be cool to use the original 200ci but I have a feeling it will give me problems down the road. Thinking of doing a 289 or 302 with a T5. I already have a 8” from 65 Falcon I’m working on refreshing.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts