1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
89 Posts
here's my thoughts on the fairmont (sorry, this may ruffle a few feathers here). its not what you would think of as an awesome car by today's standards. because its not and imo, thats what makes it cool if that makes any sense. i love cars like the fairmont, pinto, mustang II that everbody thinks are a piece of crap. they're cool because they're rare and different. from the factory, they did seem slow, dorky looking (mostly the boxtop. the futura has a meaner look to it) and cheaply made. you have to remember the time period they were made in. emissions standards were getting tougher, cars weren't selling well and the highway speed limit was only 55 (hence the 3 speed transmission, i'm always waiting for it to shift again). don't get me wrong, i love my fairmont and feel "cool" whenever i drive it. people are always "what in the world is that?" or "i used to have one of those" or the parts guy, "wow, thats a rare animal". but, a lot of what people are saying on that other forum is true and, yes you can obviously make a fairmont into an awesome car (a lot of you guys' rides here are evidence of that). that to me is the best thing about them. you can have a "wolf in sheep's clothing". basically a lighter mustang with better handling, more room and a sleeper looking body style, but you all know that. i'd love to someday be able to pull up to the line next to some ricer in my dorky looking 4 dr. sedan (wish it was a 2) and blow the doors off 'em! that will be sweet!

·
Registered
262 Posts
98 Windstar with a 3.8.. Sorry I have no defense for this
aserve.mysmiley.net_animated_anim_55.gif
... It's a money pit...

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
i did. it's kinda fun. like '80monty basically said, cool is all a point of reference...

·
Banned
292 Posts
Personally, i have enough f*cking idiots just around here to deal with.. I called into a parts store to see if they have header bolts for a Ford 460... they ask me ''what kinda vehicle is it in.'' I say a '78 Bronco..."You have a ford engine in a chevy?" ok, i let that one go. Then after i say FORD BRONCO.. they tell me it never came with a 460 (7.5L) so i must be mistaken and it's only the 6.6L ..wow, just retelling this is ticking me off.:mad2::incazzato::mad2:.. u get the idea..

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
And thats the future of America.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Personally, i have enough f*cking idiots just around here to deal with.. I called into a parts store to see if they have header bolts for a Ford 460... they ask me ''what kinda vehicle is it in.'' I say a '78 Bronco..."You have a ford engine in a chevy?" ok, i let that one go. Then after i say FORD BRONCO.. they tell me it never came with a 460 (7.5L) so i must be mistaken and it's only the 6.6L ..wow, just retelling this is ticking me off.:mad2::incazzato::mad2:.. u get the idea..
Been there done that... I used to deal with that all the time with My 76 Nova SS.. It had a 400 SB in it.. Every time I'd go to the auto parts store they'd give me that same song & dance. It didn't come with a 400..I once said. WTF are you guys brain dead?? It's a damn GM HEI system for a V-8 They're all the same. Pick a fing car & year with a V8 & you'll have the part number..

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
unless you needed a starter. the older 400's had 2 bolt starters, the newer ones had 3 bolt... i just worked on an "older" one in a 63 chevy 2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts