Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this one on Friday night. After selling my Exp., I started looking and found this one w/ 200K miles. Runs great so far. Put new tires on it already. Has some rust starting to form on surface around wheel wells. Drivers side door doesn't lock when i press the button but the passenger side does. little fixes like that are bound to happen with an older truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Great color combo! I hope to own a Bronco again one day. Need room/access to baby seats right now though.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
That looks like a nice clean bronco. Yeah, the wheel flares, and tailgate are the first to go.
What year is that one? I have a '90 that is about ready to go to rest. It's a darn shame that fuel costs have gotten so out of hand or there would still be a LOT more of them running around.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Pretty Bronco. Don't waste any time getting to the rust. I doubt it is all surface but rather rust that has "surfaced". Get it fixed and sealed before you loose your investment to mother nature.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Pretty Bronco. Don't waste any time getting to the rust. I doubt it is all surface but rather rust that has "surfaced". Get it fixed and sealed before you loose your investment to mother nature.
Good advice!
Depending upon where you live, you may see many with holes rotted through the flares, and it spreads like cancer. Salt is a killer.

Reactions: Canuck623

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a 1996. And it's really a fun truck so far. I hear some squeak noise when i hit 20Mph. sounds like a circular noise...something rotating if that makes sense. i only hear it when the window are rolled down. i'll have to keep investigating that. I bought new tires, took off the bug guard and put on new brake pads so far. i think i should check / replace the fuel filter and check plugs soon as well.

I also would like to get a little better radio in it soon too. this clarion in it the previous owner had is not sounding real good...maybe i need speakers too? Lot's of things to do but then there's the old money thing. LOL

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had a similar rotating sound once... it was a bad (stock) auto-hub. Easy to come by good used ones... everybody likes replacing them with manual hubs. A fellow forum member (another site) gave me a set for free.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts