Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All.

I'm trying to replace my passenger-side exterior mirror (outside mirror). The Haynes manual I have literally says all it takes is removing the triangular access panel in the corner of the window and then undoing the three screws. Mine only had two screws (odd) but after removing them, the mirror is still firmly attached to the door.

Anyone know what I'm missing? Do you have to remove the door panel to access some other screws?

The local shop wants $100 to install :mad: and I'm trying to save some money. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Hello All.

I'm trying to replace my passenger-side exterior mirror (outside mirror). The Haynes manual I have literally says all it takes is removing the triangular access panel in the corner of the window and then undoing the three screws. Mine only had two screws (odd) but after removing them, the mirror is still firmly attached to the door.

Anyone know what I'm missing? Do you have to remove the door panel to access some other screws?

The local shop wants $100 to install :mad: and I'm trying to save some money. Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum
You are talking about 2 different types of mirrors
The triangle is a sail mount the other is door mount

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the Forum
You are talking about 2 different types of mirrors
The triangle is a sail mount the other is door mount
I found the issue. The Haynes manual was pointing to the wrong three screw holes, two were correct (green arrows), one was wrong (red arrow). The third was down and to the left away from the others. It didn't help that I was trying to do this at night in the dark.

I've attached a picture in case anyone else comes across this repair.

·
Super Moderator
14,156 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

Congrats on working during day light versus night time.

BTW Haynes (Chilton or other) manuals are not very accurate. Getting a factory manual will help far more than the others. In my opinion.

Come back and show us the new mirror.

Action

1 - 4 of 4 Posts