Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
put motor in fairlane for test fit then tried to put transmission in tremec tko 600 as i can see a majority of the tunnel has to be removed anyone have any pictures or advise as i am close to cutting it out and redesign the hump but i anso want to use original console thanks

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Looks like you would need to modify the base of the seat if you were to use a bench seat.

I have considered this swap for my 64 myself so I'm very interested in how this works for you.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I'm going add that you should verify the condition of your motor mounts before finalizing your tunnel cover. Years ago I had a friend who built a custom console for his 55 Chevrolet only to find out afterwards that he had a broken motor mount, he replaced the motor mounts and the the shifter didn't line up with the hole in the console.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going add that you should verify the condition of your motor mounts before finalizing your tunnel cover. Years ago I had a friend who built a custom console for his 55 Chevrolet only to find out afterwards that he had a broken motor mount, he replaced the motor mounts and the the shifter didn't line up with the hole in the console.
yea its all new as it has a m2 front end with cross member with all new design motor mounts ill take some photos this week oil pan is not super tight to rack but close enough i think

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like you would need to modify the base of the seat if you were to use a bench seat.

I have considered this swap for my 64 myself so I'm very interested in how this works for you.
have buckets and a consoul that i want to retain so that will be an additional modification but we will see how it goes

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gonna get working on this part of project for the next week or so after work took out the skeleton part that is spot welded to body of the car and i have the right side of the floor pan to fill part of the driverside hole and add a piece to the front to get the sides up then make the top i spent most of the day planning this so center console will fit hopefully i wont have to lift skeleton of console up any and screw up the size of the rug for the floor
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Gas
Asphalt Urban design Road surface Floor Landscape

·
Registered
105 Posts
Not Fairlane but cousin- ideas:

Main concern was keeping the drivetrain offset angle to a minimum on bench seat '74 Maverick. I measured original 3 Spd output location and matched as close as I could the T5's output location.

Instead of cutting out tunnel, I Filet'd it and patched in side tin after structurally supporting cut center crossmember.

. . .

. .

have fun

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
need to call mdl about this shifter location or i will have to modify what i have to get it in the middle of the original shift area and i have to make a little room for the stud and nut

1 - 20 of 36 Posts