Ford Automobiles banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Not Fairlane but cousin- ideas:

Main concern was keeping the drivetrain offset angle to a minimum on bench seat '74 Maverick. I measured original 3 Spd output location and matched as close as I could the T5's output location.

Instead of cutting out tunnel, I Filet'd it and patched in side tin after structurally supporting cut center crossmember.

. . .

. .

have fun
yup i looked closer at your t-5 model that is why you have less mass to remove this tko is massively larger ive heard the new tkx is way easier to fit in cars but i believe there will still be tunnel work needed on these fords have fun

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,397 Posts
(y) Lookin' good!

Action

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
next step massage underside pull tranny grind down welds on tunnel i also have to figure out my parking brake front cable mount need to design a new one and i think weld it to the floor pan ?? what has others done that removed the rails for the transmission mount yet want to retain stock lever and its parts ??

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
next problem is this hole on passenger side toe board not sure if it has a purpose or not or if i need to weld it closed does the heater box have a bracket that comes down to here ?? any one that can
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Trunk

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,397 Posts
Where the blue circle i showing ...
On every vehicle I have ever taken apart the heater plenum box is mounted much higher up on a vertical surface.
The lowest hole would be for an AC condensate drain. Again that would be in a vertical section, not this area that is at an angle.

Action

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Where the blue circle i showing ...
On every vehicle I have ever taken apart the heater plenum box is mounted much higher up on a vertical surface.
The lowest hole would be for an AC condensate drain. Again that would be in a vertical section, not this area that is at an angle.

Action

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,397 Posts
Nothing related to the instrument panel is mounted that low

Action

21 - 36 of 36 Posts