Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I'm a new owner of a Ford E350 van. I left it alone parked for a couple weeks and when I took it for a drive the other day, I noticed a couple flies crawling into a small gap/opening near the windshield on top of the dashboard. I also noticed some very tiny flies in the interior, and what looked to be shells.

It seems the only way to be sure how big of a problem it is, is to open up the dashboard top. I could only find instructional videos on removing the instrument panel/front dashboard, but none that removed the top. Is there any way to access that area?

Also, most importantly, does anyone know what is in the small gaps near the windshield? It was in the very left, about a 1/4 inch sized opening that they disappeared into. What does it connect to / what's under there?

Any help or answers would be greatly appreciated. I know there is the option to use Raid fog and ozone machines, but I don't want to damage the interior of my vehicle.

Thank you

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,316 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!
Post a picture of the gap or opening

Action

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,316 Posts
The red arrow is on the body of the vehicle.
The blue is part of the instrument panel pad. There is a nocthed out section to display the VIN tag. That VIN tag is riveted to the body of the vehicle in that location.
The windshield is placed over the body opening. It should be "glued" or have some adhesive around the entire perimeter of the windshiel glass sealing the glass to the body opening. If there is a gap there for insects to crawl into, the plastic ribbed piece has to be removed.

I am unclear if the insects are inside or outside of the windshield.

The pad should be rather easy to remove. It is fastened into place with about a dozen short screws running the length of the pad

Action

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Grille

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,316 Posts
As a post script, the windshield is cracked. Replacement is needed and that may be a good reason to have done now to see if the insects are building a home in your Econoline. (and not paying rent)

Action

Reactions: Dominick 1
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.