Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I’m seeking some help in diagnosing my wiper problem.
In short nothing happens when the multifunction switch is set from the off position to the 1st intermittent position. Also nothing happens in between all intermittent positions. Also nothing between last intermittent and LOW. But between LOW and high the relay in de Wiper control module (F2UB-14A624-FA) clicks but no action from the motor. Also when I press the button for washer fluid the relays clicks and the pump turns on.

what I did first.
Removed the wiper motor and tested it on the bench. Common, LOW, HIGH and PARK all test well with multimeter on continuity and resistance. Also park switch does what is is supposed to do.

next.
Removed the wiper control module. And connected the wiper motor back to it’s wiring. Again performed a continuity and resistance test. All ok.
So that rules out wiper motor and wiper motor wiring in my opinion.

next.
Measured resistance over the multifunction switch through the wiring on the socket of the wiper control module.

Between Orange and Brown/White:
Off: 47,74 kOhm
Intermittent 1 to 7: 10,98 kOhm
LOW:4,012 kOhm
HIGH: 0,4 kOhm

next between Brown/white and Darkblue/white
Off: 100,5kOhm
Intermittent 1: 100,5 kOhm
Intermittent 2: 81,2 kOhm
Intermittent 3: 67,9 kOhm
Intermittent 4: 51,01kOhm
Intermittent 5: 35,83 kOhm
Intermittent 6: 19,96 kOhm
Intermittent 7: 3,301 kOhm
Low: 3,301 kOhm
High: 3,301 kOhm

So multifunction switch appears to be working also.

I followed by manually turn the wiper motor from it’s parking position. Motor turns on and turns up to parking position.

last I Chechen Grounds and supplies. All look fine.

problem is that I only got a schematic from a ‘96 f250. Which appears to be the same but wire positions on wiper control module are different.

I’m really eager to get my hands on schematics that match my car and to understand how the wiper control module functions internally so I can diagnose the problem which in my suspicion is to be found inside the wiper control module.

best regards,
Pim

·
Administrator
2006 Lincoln Navigator
15,799 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

What year is your E 350?

Action

·
Administrator
2006 Lincoln Navigator