Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2.5liter 2010 escape. About a yr ago I rebuilt the head and when we tried to start it it was popping through the exhaust. We did something with the harmonic balancer to fix it but don't remember what....

Now the oil pump went and I had a buddy do it since I didn't have time. 100% certified everything is TDC on compression stroke. The balancer has the whole at 6 o clock like manual says. Spark is good. Fuel is good, but won't start and pops on exhaust stroke like last time.

Anyone know the trick here?

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
So I have a 2.5liter 2010 escape. About a yr ago I rebuilt the head and when we tried to start it it was popping through the exhaust. We did something with the harmonic balancer to fix it but don't remember what....

Now the oil pump went and I had a buddy do it since I didn't have time. 100% certified everything is TDC on compression stroke. The balancer has the whole at 6 o clock like manual says. Spark is good. Fuel is good, but won't start and pops on exhaust stroke like last time.

Anyone know the trick here?
Welcome to the Forum
Maybe this will help

·
Administrator
15,595 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

The popping you had last time and now is because the crank and cam(s) are not set up correctly. The harmonic damper chnage was an attempt to get the timing set. However that is not the correct way to do that.

Action

1 - 3 of 3 Posts