Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a NOS horn ring that was sold to me as being for a 63 Falcon. It does NOT say "Falcon" in the center logo. It say's "Ford".

Was this an aftermarket ring? Or was it for another car? It's in a Ford box with the parts numbers.

I've enclosed a photo of the ring and of the box. Maybe someone has access to the parts numbers and can check out the numbers on the box.

Thanks,
Dennis

IMG_3178.jpg IMG_3166.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for that info.
I was thinking of putting this on ebay, and I wanted to be sure it was REALLY a Falcon part. I owned the 1963 Falcon convertible since 1995 and just recently sold it.
I used to be a member of the yahoo email group called the Falconeers. That was back in 2001. Time flies... doesn't it! :)
Thanks again,
Dennis

·
Registered
275 Posts
All the horn rings I see in the picture book, "Falcon-A new-Sized car" say " Falcon"--in script, but C3DZ is a 1963 Falcon part #. Maybe someone switched parts in the box?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excellent point about switching the box!

So my next question is......what cars would ring with just "Ford" go on?

Dennis

·
Super Moderator
14,895 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!
Falcon Horn rings
C3DZ 13A805 C Is for 61 to 63 Falcon
C3DZ 13A805 A is for 63 to 64 Falcon Sprint

Action

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have no documentation to back this up, but I would guess base trim level full size Fords.
Could be .. or it was what was available when they had to keep the lassembly line moving, especially if it was near the end of the model year.
Kevin

·
Registered
59 Posts
My 62 doesn’t have a ring just the button. Somewhere around here I have a 63 sprint horn ring, it says sprint in the center. I don’t think my 62 horn button has anything on it, I’ll have to look tomorrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts