Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMO The addition of an online chat is a great interactive tool. I am definitely pleased that it is available here at fordforumsonline.com

Admin Please consider changing the background from the middle of the spectrum blue to white. I know that white is kinda dull, and not flashy, BUT it permits one to select a variety of colors that are still contrasty enough to be easily read.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Gotcha, I will work on change the background color to a better color for reading text.

Will mess around with that today.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Please consider changing the background from the middle of the spectrum blue to white.
Really?????

I very much like the blue background with the white lettering. It's soft and pleasing to the eye, it really gives the illusion your inside something cool and special.

I vote to keep it the way it is.....

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IMO in particular the problem with that blue is that it is not dark enough that all lighter colors have enough contrast. AND it is not light enough that dark colors show up well. Pretty much the only color type that does work is white.

LOL... now I'm up to four cents on this subject :)

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I agree with MissInformation,blue is calming and relaxing and the Ford color duh!!!
Imagine chatting with some first time chatter whose driving you up the wall and all you see is RED..... someone will go postal.....LOL

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Perhaps if you guys like FORD Blue, we should do this:
Ask Rob can the default for the frames be changed from Red to Blue?

If so, as I suspect it can, and if he is willing to do so, we can take a poll on whether the site default color should be changed.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rob,
Regarding the chat, there is a button for options, but the options have not been enabled.
In particular, I would like to see control over sounds.
I don't want to hear a tone for every post, but would like to know if someone entered the room while I am away.

·
Registered
944 Posts
It seems obvious to me that the color (and font size) should be a user preference. Could be different for each user. Should be in the "options". Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I will check the functionality of FlashChat. I am not sure what customization features are built in per user, but I am sure there are a few that are not turned on.

** EDIT **

Okay, I have enabled a few more options so you can set backgrounds and sound options. Let me know if that is helpful and what you were asking for.

·
Registered
659 Posts
S W E E T!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Thank you very much!!!!!!! :yesnod:

·
Registered
53 Posts
FORD Blue correct?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rob,
I looked at it earlier today, and the options that you added may work well.
I really haven't had time to play with it with someone else.
I am not clear on what would happen if I set my background to white, and some one set their text to white.

We'll see.
THanks for taking the time to look into it. :)

·
Registered
659 Posts
I am not clear on what would happen if I set my background to white, and some one set their text to white.:)
If I may... your screen is just that, if another member is chatting with you their choice of colour for background or text will not affect anything you see, it's what is on your screen.

Just like what ever you are chatting about is visible to only you. If someone else jumps in while you are chatting they will NOT see what you have been chatting about, prior to their arrival.

Hope that helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts