Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Ford Recycle Your Ride program has resonated with Canadian consumers. Due to positive consumer feedback, Ford has collaborated with Summerhill Impact to expand the program – now, approximately 60 per cent of the vehicles currently on Canadian roads qualify for retirement within the Ford program.
Source: FORD.com

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
like the fairmont and zephyr? lol

·
Registered
649 Posts
Just their version of the Cash for Clunkers program. I really liked this program, kinda of interesting a manufacturer is doing it straight up.

Ford should do that here in the US! :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
another twist might be in europe. i hear that manufactures have their own recycle yards, wreckers. about 6 yrs ago i was headed for los angels, cali. to pick up 2 cars a friend of mine bought there for me and a buddy of his down there asked me to p/u some engines for him in detroit to take down. for a fee of course. yes i was in. well we get to a big building in an older industrial section and p/u 6 used ford motors. not being ford literate, they were newer model motors from some h/o mustang model. anyway being a snooper i ask the guy shipping them what all to do there and his reply was re/cycle fords. next day he calls me and asks if i could fit a whole mustang on the trailer. i picked up in new mexico, at a wreckers, a late model g-t mustang that had rolled, power train intact. they did have some other models there but mostly fords.
it would be easy to do. every ford or brand x y z that is wrote off goes to designated yards in certain areas and parted from there.
the guy in cali was in some sort of race program and these motors were all he built. very interesting guy. we hung around for a week with my buddy, loaded up the 2 cars and came home.

my .02 cents

·
Registered
935 Posts
Interesting. Just got A letter from Ford, looking for cars which could be put on lots as "certified used cars".
It was my '03 Crown Vic they were after. Struck me as unusual because it's going into 10 yrs old. Other than age, it would certainly meet the criteria. A real testimony to Ford. Based on my Tempo, which was never oil sprayed as faithfully as this one, I figure the car is good at the very least, for another 10 years. Just retiring, don't plan on buying a car anytime soon. Figure between my '08 Marquis
& the crown Vic, probably have cars for the rest of my life.
Barring something totally unforseen, don't see it going to
the wreckers anytime soon!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts