Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need help on how to replace part #f77z-18599-aa elbow got old one off was broken do i have to remove a/c and power steering pump?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hey there Ckipp,

You did not mention the Year or Engine Size of your Ranger.

If that "elbow" looks like the picture I have attached and if I recall correctly, replacing this is fairly straightforward. I believe that the threaded end goes into the coolant port of the manifold and that the Temp Sensor (temperature sending unit) threads into the top part and that a coolant hose attaches at the bottom. Which is easier said than done, considering yours has broken off and you did not specify where exactly, so you may very well have to remove the threaded end before replacing this part.

You might also want to check your coolant level when finished and top it up if necessary.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
There are several things in the way to install this. What do I need to remove to get this installed. There is another elbow next to this that needs to be removes. Next to that elbow there is a bracket plus the AC unit. Does all of this need to be removed just to get this elbow installed? I have a 1999 Ford Ranger 3.0.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes that is it exactly. I need to change th one one the left thus I need to remove the other elbow. So how did you get the bracjet off on the right. Remove the serp belt and then unscrew the bracket?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts