Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Ford Thunderbird is known for its classic design cues and the character of a true American sports car. But it also has 55 years of history to go along with that, and owners across the country are coming together to celebrate.
Source: FORD.com

·
Registered
659 Posts
Nearly 300 Ford Thunderbirds and their owners will be heading to Dearborn, Mich., to honor the 55th anniversary of the classic car with a car show at Ford World Headquarters on Saturday, June 26. Drivers will be coming from more than 30 states, with several coming from Canada. The car show will kick off at noon and run until 4 p.m., with Thunderbirds from every year of production on display.
ROAD TRIP! That would also explain WHY someone was changing up tires on the Birds at 6am this morning.....

·
Registered
890 Posts
that is SO cool!!!!!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
how was it?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Apparently it was Astro-Freakin-Nomical!

Don’t think that GRIN will wash off his face any time soon....Hummm, perhaps, when the VISA bill rolls in next month.... :yikes:

Wish I could have gone too, however, l o n g road trips, sick little kids and classic cars don’t mix. :nono:

So for the second time this month it was a “Boyz Only” Road Trip.... :incazzato:

·
Registered
890 Posts
at least someone had fun!, did you have fun with the sick little ones?

·
Registered
659 Posts
We always have fun, what's the point other wise? :ihih:

YES, I do believe the kidlet’s (aka-sicklets) and I had fun, thank you kindly for asking.

We planted a crap load of Chocolate Mint, Orange Balsam and Coconut Thyme in the garden, (and despite what I’ve been told, I DO have all the thyme in the world now…. :lol:); caught a frog or 10; had a bubble blowing contest; in between the rain clouds caught glimpse of a Rainbow and despite the “hurly burly’s” we discovered that we did indeed have enough energy to chase after the rainbow in search of that illusive pot of gold; had our very own 55th Anniversary Thunderbird Car Show with Die Casts, Hot Wheels and Webkinz; had a “surprise” visit from Grandma; jerry-rigged a makeshift Drive-In in the backyard and watched movies, complete with a big ole bonfire and to complete the weekend off late Sunday night, early Monday morning I had the gastronomical pleasure of an official Lafayette Coney Island Dog….. :yesnod:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Tbird430, looking at the pics reminded me of one of my favorite songs by Marc Cohen, "silver Thunderbird. If you guys can download it I highly recommend downloading it. Here are some lyrics...
Watched it coming up Winslow
Down South Park Boulevard
Yeah it was looking good from tail to hood
Great big fins and painted steel
Man it looked just like the Batmobile
With my old man behind the wheel

Well you could hardly even see him
In all of that chrome
The man with the plan and the pocket comb
But every night it carried him home
And I could hear him sayin'...

Don't gimme no Buick
Son you must take my word
If there's a God up in heaven
He's got a Silver Thunderbird
You can keep your Eldorados
And the foreign car's absurd
Me I wanna go down
In a Silver Thunderbird

He got up every morning
While i was still asleep
But I remember the sound of him shuffling around
Then right before the crack of dawn
I heard him turn the motor on
But when I got up they were gone

Down the road in the rain and snow
The man and his machine would go
Oh the secrets that old car would know
Sometimes I hear him sayin'...

Same author as "Walking in Memphis"

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yeah, I hear ya "lincolndriver". I made me an all Thunderbird music CD a couple years back. It starts out with the old "Thunderbirds are go" from the movie series then the music starts up...

=o)

·
Registered
534 Posts
I remember Thunderbirds are go" I used to get up just to watch it. in my town, it came on at 0600 on channel 6 WPIX Philadelphia. If I got up too early i had to watch "Operation Alphabet"
good times

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
glad you still had fun Miss I.

also those pictures made me think of chuck berry:
Slow down little Jaguar, Be cool Little Thunderbird Ford.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I have that song on my T-Bird CD too "Jonzo".

I'd never heard it before until is was surfing the net for "Bird song" collection.

:crazy:

·
Registered
659 Posts
I can't believe I forgot to remember this "Classic" for the Thunderbird's 55th Anniversary in Detroit.... :ihih:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNi-ezcZM"]YouTube - Bob Seger - Makin' Thunderbirds[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CW5GRilRyE&feature=related"]YouTube - Bob Seger Makin' Thunderbirds[/ame]​

1 - 15 of 15 Posts