Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice a coolant leak last night, its not alot maybe like an ounce or two. but its to the rear of the engine, only thing i see back there that would leak is the freeze plugs, how hard is it the change freeze plugs?? take off the exhaust manifold and there are right there?? thanks in advance! :biggrin5:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
something like that. it's really easy, but i don't remember what the tool to remove them looks like. i know to put the new ones in, you use a big socket, and hammer...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol alrighty, thanks man ill give that a try today once the engine cools down

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
just don't forget to drain the coolant, and fill it when you're done. made that mistake twice... i think i just jammed a screwdriver into the old plug and pried it out...

·
Registered
262 Posts
something like that. it's really easy, but i don't remember what the tool to remove them looks like. i know to put the new ones in, you use a big socket, and hammer...

alh3_googleusercontent_com_wCBvFSnreJFJ0UoK_r7wtWU_ezlf4Lgx57xa2b43ecda0067fe3a88d44549854341e.jpg

alh4_googleusercontent_com_XRW5wlIkSHSMOV8dY0iiLpj_7oVegyEeaSn09716723600af35491372f9171e5fe38.gif

:smilewinkgrin:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got back from looking at the plugs, all 6 of them are fine no leaks...... the coolant on the ground wasnt mine i guess, but now i noticed my oil pan gasket and trans gasket are leaking LOL. better to know now than later =). thanks for the info guys! if it ever leaks form the plugs i know how to do it now =)

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Just got back from looking at the plugs, all 6 of them are fine no leaks...... the coolant on the ground wasnt mine i guess, but now i noticed my oil pan gasket and trans gasket are leaking LOL. better to know now than later =). thanks for the info guys! if it ever leaks form the plugs i know how to do it now =)
no problem, that's what we're here for!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts